Underated City Players

Got to agree with Paul Power being under rated and now back at the club coaching the kids.

Also Gary Owen and under rated manager Tony Book

Alan Oakes for me but the hard work in so the likes of Bell Lee & Sumerbee could perform.

shlooney said:
johnny crossan said:
I remember Shawcross and would not disagree with you. If I remember correctly his competition for an England place would have been Alec Jeffrey playing for Doncaster Rovers (Yes Doncaster Rovers) but he too broke his leg at around the same time.

It was Alick Jeffrey. He was certainly highly rated when he played for Doncaster at the age of 15. He was expected to move to Old Trafford in 1956 when he broke his leg. He retired moved to Australia but later came back to play for Doncaster six years after quitting and remained there for another six years.

I saw Shawcross play a number of times, mostly for the reserves. He made only occasional first team appearances over the periodI was watching. I do reacall his last match. It was a dismal defeat away to Shrewsbury in a mid-week Cup replay. The following Saturday saw the 8,015 attendance at Maine Road. Then City signed Johnny Crossan and things stared to look up.

ged keegan was underated.

i think this was because he was trying to fill the kings boots when he was injured, if i remember rightly.

spam1967 said:
ged keegan was underated.

i think this was because he was trying to fill the kings boots when he was injured, if i remember rightly.

Good call Spam. Ged Keegan was a great prospect but was never the same after Colin got assaulted by that red bastard. Would have kept improving if he'd had the chance to play alongside Colin more. Replacing the King was like carrying a multi-million pound price tag around.

The most underrated player I've seen was Dave Connor. Superb player and a great professional.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.