Underated City Players

MCFC 4 EVER said:
Ian Brightwell, Paul Power and Pablo Zabaleta come to mind
I would say no, yes, yes - but for all the years he played for us I stood next a bloke on the Kippax who screamed abuse at Paul Power from the first minute of every game till the last.

johnny crossan said:
MCFC 4 EVER said:
I would say no, yes, yes - but for all the years he played for us I stood next a bloke on the Kippax who screamed abuse at Paul Power from the first minute of every game till the last.
Same bloke who wrote a book called "Once in a Blue Moon"?

MCFC 4 EVER said:
johnny crossan said:
MCFC 4 EVER said:
Same bloke who wrote a book called "Once in a Blue Moon"?
Paul Power,Tommy Booth.Got talking to Tommy Booth at the last gentlemans morning in Whitefield.He his just one of the boys.I don,t think we will ever get this close to any of the players again.

I'd second Asa hartford, Peter Barnes and Gary Owen - the mid 70s team that came close to winning the league didn't have any major stars of international repute but it also didn't have any weak links and these three in particular were wonderful to watch - Owen and Hartford bossed the midfield while Barnes terrorised opposing defences

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.