Underrated albums.

81mmCcTSOdL._SL1072_.jpg

Verve “A Storm In Heaven”
I'll raise you...

VERVENORTHERN_800x667_8bbcaa69-7bc1-4eb9-aa88-5a8972826cd1.jpg

Sonic Flower Groove by Primal Scream.

From when they were more comparable to the Byrd's rather than the dodgy Rolling Stones wabbabes they became.

Judee Sill. back in the 70's, singer songwriter, made 2 great albums, none sold well, but she wrote and sang really great songs.

Also Dave Mason, after he left Traffic, went solo and made a couple of very good albums but they got little or no promotion.

Are we discussing underrated albums or undersold ones? Album sales have fuck all to do with quality as you well know, U2 could probably release a recording of Bono farting into a mic for an hour and it would be a bestseller.
Roger Waters did a solo album in 1970 named 'Music from the body'. I bought it sometime in the 80s. It wasn't an underrated album or a best seller. Just him farting into a mic, amongst other body noises. A shit album literally I only played once or twice.

Boston by the band Boston was a very underrated album IMO.

Do you really?

I think it is currently the second best selling debut album of all time and every track on it still gets lots of airplay.

I imagine all the Elvis Costello fans among the rock journo fraternity don't rate it but it's highly rated by those that like AOR/Hard Rock.

Obviously it's more highly rated in the States than here but I think that making a case for an album that has gone platinum seventeen times being underrated is quite the stretch.

Mind you, it depends on how you define underrated: compared to my rating of the album, most people could be said to underrate it. I think it is an absolutely superb album; perhaps the most perfect example of it's (sub-)genre.

I think the follow-up "Don't Look Back" was underrated because of the shadow cast by its predecessor.

Do you really?

I think it is currently the second best selling debut album of all time and every track on it still gets lots of airplay.

I imagine all the Elvis Costello fans among the rock journo fraternity don't rate it but it's highly rated by those that like AOR/Hard Rock.

Obviously it's more highly rated in the States than here but I think that making a case for an album that has gone platinum seventeen times being underrated is quite the stretch.

Mind you, it depends on how you define underrated: compared to my rating of the album, most people could be said to underrate it. I think it is an absolutely superb album; perhaps the most perfect example of it's (sub-)genre.

I think the follow-up "Don't Look Back" was underrated because of the shadow cast by its predecessor.
Ok mate, underrated is the wrong word then. Great album btw.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.