Underrated Players from the 90s onwards.

melrose40yarder

I will start be interesting to see what you all come up with and to see how many make the best and worst list.
Paul Ritchie
Richard Jobson
Spencer Prior
Mark Kennedy
Jensen

Paul Ritchie just wasn’t very good. Not one outstanding quality for a defender.

Richard Jonson did quite well at city but was coming to the end of his career when he was here. Think he was rated adequately for his time at city.

Spencer prior was just an average centre back.

Mark Kennedy did very well in his first season and was probably the most exciting player we had at that time. Shame it didn’t work out as he did ok at wolves after leaving. Wand of a left foot.

Jensen was a decent enough left back. Nothing special but decent for the level we were at at the time. Amazing goal against Leeds as well.

For me.

Darren Huckerby. Had a great season 2001/2002. Over shadowed by Goater/Bernabia and Berkovic.

Richard edghill.
Lucien mettomo

Paul Ritchie just wasn’t very good. Not one outstanding quality for a defender.

Richard Jonson did quite well at city but was coming to the end of his career when he was here. Think he was rated adequately for his time at city.

Spencer prior was just an average centre back.

Mark Kennedy did very well in his first season and was probably the most exciting player we had at that time. Shame it didn’t work out as he did ok at wolves after leaving. Wand of a left foot.

Jensen was a decent enough left back. Nothing special but decent for the level we were at at the time. Amazing goal against Leeds as well.

For me.

Darren Huckerby. Had a great season 2001/2002. Over shadowed by Goater/Bernabia and Berkovic.

Richard edghill.
Lucien mettomo
I thought they were players who never let us down and gave there all .I forgot Wiekens

Javi Garcia.

Played 80 games across two seasons for a team that finished 2nd & 1st in the Premier League, reached the FA Cup final, won the League Cup, and made it into the knockout stages of the Champions League. Forced Fernandinho out of the team during the 13-14 title-winning run-in and deputised admirably at centre-back on more than one occasion when other players had been sent off.

Yet some of our fans would have you believe he wasn't good enough to get a game for most relegated sides. A good player who was treated too harshly and was subsequently sold too early.

It took ages to properly replace him as well. After we sold Javi, we went out and bought Fernando. That didn't work so we bought Delph as well. That didn't work either so we tried out Aleix Garcia. We wasted three seasons trying to find someone as good as Javi and ended up forcing Yaya to play more often and for far longer than he should have done. Pep finally rectified the issue by changing to a midfield triangle.

Well if Paul Ritchie was any good he must be the most underrated City player in history, as I’d never even heard of the fucker until 30 seconds ago.

Spencer Prior wasn’t underrated. He was absolute horse shit. Although did score on his debut at Portsmouth possibly?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.