Underwhelming purchases

^^^ Hahaha had exactly the same experience recently with a new computer mate. Spot-on.

I feel underwhelmed every time I fill the car up. It's just stuff that was already in it. And if I've already read a paper that day and don't fancy any chocolate then heading into the petrol station is a mildly depressing act.

Pigeonho said:
I've just taken delivery of a drier I was told to order by Mrs P. One of those condensing fuckers which cost just shy of £220. To say i'm underwhelmed is a fucking understatement. Usually if something big like that is delivered it's something exciting like a new tele, something to play with, something to marvel at - something good.

Just phoned her to say it's here and she said 'does it look nice?'

I despair at times, I really do.

We paid a couple of hundred for a supposedly "you beaut" vacuum cleaner, piece of shit it was. A 20 quid whore could suck harder.

Did look nice, though. Replaced it within 4 months.

ell said:
Oh just wait untill you get your energy bills at the end of the month thats when the real fun starts with these driers
I've had them before and don't really notice much difference. Only use it for underwear and the kids clothes really, the other stuff I try and dry outside.

FFS, i'm having a discussion about drying clothes. It's her fucking fault this.

Pigeonho said:
ell said:
Oh just wait untill you get your energy bills at the end of the month thats when the real fun starts with these driers
I've had them before and don't really notice much difference. Only use it for underwear and the kids clothes really, the other stuff I try and dry outside.

[bigimg]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ80_WGV3gJJ8Fgsjl_5RckM1aYWllh3YVz4cvZ6wX4fJ-oAF4L0fG_-vmN[/bigimg]

Pigeonho said:
ell said:

i have a washing line in my bathroom

daveduke67 said:
Laptops.
I spend a while checking out the web for deals, go to PC World 'just to have a look' and end up buying one. The prices are pretty good as they hope that muppets will buy the PC Doctor packages and grossly overpriced peripherals. Plus I can try the keyboard - some are awful.

I can't wait to get it home and set it up.

Out of the box, read the back up instructions and spend an hour doing that.

Then spend an hour updating Windows.

Then spend another hour uploading all the things I had on my old one.

Then look at it and think 'it's just the same as the last one without Hello Kitty stickers, cracked hinges and missing keys'. My heart sinks as the feeling of underwhelment kicks in. From such a high to the realisation that it only does what the last one did - a bit quicker and in a prettier case but that's it.

-- Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:41 am --

gazinho said:
I bought a 'real' watch for £30 off a lad called banana once it stopped working after a day....................

You bought a watch off a lad called Banana and was surprised it was a duff?

I remember back in the 70's ,my Dad buying a Rolex for a tenner. When News At Ten came on (pre Sky+/V+) my Mum asked him what time it was. He looked and the watch said 8.20. He slapped me round the head and shouted ' You've been fucking about with that tele haven't you'

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=251816" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=251816</a> I didnt really buy a watch dave ;-)

Pidge that was the thing that did my head in more than anything thinking of things I would and could have spent that money on!!!

Buying a second controller for ps3 or xbox. Costs 30 quid but essentially its not even for you to use, it's for your mates , if they aint round then it's useless, is it wrong to ask them to chip in for it? Ha ha.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.