Union Membership

Bluemoon115 said:
Take that info to Citizens Advice, that's fucking scandalous. In addition, tell her to contact a union and explain it to them.

In return for this advice I would appreciate one pic of your missus.

I am in no doubt about that whatsoever.... I forgive you though

Blue Til Death said:
tidyman said:
"Everyone has the right to form and join trade unions for the protection of his/her interests."

United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 23.4.

------

Name and shame the fuckers she works for.

Steria, they are French company, quite a large one, all the employees of the firms they bought out have great terms and conditions and retain union membership but she says the original Steria employees cannot join, from what she tells me they are shit bags, she has been there 20 odd years too!

I've just googled Steria and they are in dispute with all sorts of unions, all over the place. Obviously one of these companies who think trade union relations are something for other people to worry about.

The other staff who are in a union, Unite?, must have a rep. If not one of them should get on the phone to head office and let them know what's going on.

remember arthur mann said:
Sounds like the typical bullying British manager, thick as pigshit!
I've recently been working for the NHS in Manchester, and I would challenge any manager out there to be as incompetent and inept as a NHS manager. I've not seen a more piss poor set up in my life.

tidyman said:
Blue Til Death said:
tidyman said:
"Everyone has the right to form and join trade unions for the protection of his/her interests."

United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 23.4.

------

Name and shame the fuckers she works for.

Steria, they are French company, quite a large one, all the employees of the firms they bought out have great terms and conditions and retain union membership but she says the original Steria employees cannot join, from what she tells me they are shit bags, she has been there 20 odd years too!

I've just googled Steria and they are in dispute with all sorts of unions, all over the place. Obviously one of these companies who think trade union relations are something for other people to worry about.

The other staff who are in a union, Unite?, must have a rep. If not one of them should get on the phone to head office and let them know what's going on.

That's sound advice mate and will pass it on to her, I must admit I did think it was bollocks but as I said I am not clued up at all in these matters

Sounds like they were talking bollocks as suspected, she is a bit worried that her card will be marked if she starts making waves, which I can understand, but if we all thought that way we really would be a lot worse off.. They have an uncanny ability to manipulate and manoeuver people out of their jobs, tried to get her to jump ship but flogging a dead one there, appreciate all your advice though... Thanks to all..

When I was at college / uni, I worked at mcdonalds.
Mcdonalds' employees are banned from joining a union. Not that they pay enough to be able to sign up to a union anyway.

Blue Til Death said:
tidyman said:
Blue Til Death said:

That's sound advice mate and will pass it on to her, I must admit I did think it was bollocks but as I said I am not clued up at all in these matters

What seems like a lifetime away now, when I was a branch secretary for the CPSA union, we fought long and hard to gain representation for the staff who worked at GCHQ.

I must be getting naive in my old age because I'm actually shocked that a company in this day and age would try to deny its employees the right to representation.

But as I and others have said, one quick phone call to the relevant unions headquarters should put a swift holt to this nonsence.

117 M34 said:
When I was at college / uni, I worked at mcdonalds.
Mcdonalds' employees are banned from joining a union. Not that they pay enough to be able to sign up to a union anyway.

Based on what some of the lads are saying they were acting illegally..!!<br /><br />-- Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:09 pm --<br /><br />
tidyman said:
Blue Til Death said:
tidyman said:

What seems like a lifetime away now, when I was a branch secretary for the CPSA union, we fought long and hard to gain representation for the staff who worked at GCHQ.

I must be getting naive in my old age because I'm actually shocked that a company in this day and age would try to deny its employees the right to representation.

But as I and others have said, one quick phone call to the relevant unions headquarters should put a swift holt to this nonsence.

Indeed and I will ensure she takes your advice, I hate her company based on the tales she tells me, some very dodgy cloak and dagger stuff to oust people they take a dislike too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.