Unite against City?

Re: Unite against city??

de niro said:
i dont know the guy from adam but we should'nt be threatening violence or sanctions against him on here or in fact on the qt. we should'nt be saying his business is struggling etc. lets let our club sort it out, the legal way.

His business is struggling ??

Good.

Whats the number of that skip company ??

The fact that every other business except his, the taxi firm, and the double glazing firm have accepted offers and have relocated speaks volumes.

As it stands, his business is located next too and on wasteland, and the land is only worth the current market value.

The fact that City and MCC want to redevelop that wasteland makes it more valuble to him, and to him alone.

Think about it.

Blue2112 said:
djm68 said:
Blue2112 said:
I don't think it would take much more than a phone call from the decision makers at City or a walk across Alan Turing Way to finalise a detail in very quick time.

The offers made to all owners have generally been receieved enthusiastically.The money paid and subsequent assistance in re-locating have been major factors in most businesses leaving the site in an amicable fashion. As I understand it, City have conducted their business immaculately and sensitively to date....whilst I accept that you are wanting to put the other side of the story, the quote above implies that City haven't taken every reasonable step to do a deal that would be advantageous to all parties...I believe they have.

It would be wrong of me to post on an open forum the particular details of a private discussion. Also in the interests of fairness I have only heard one point of view and usually theres always two sides to every story, maybe there was an offer, maybe that offer was accepted, maybe that offer was withdrawn, maybe nobody has said why or re-negotiated since? Obviously I do not know whether all the business's that have accepted were leasehold or freehold which may determine whether to be more willing to accept an offer or not? In all honesty and in my opinion this will go ahead irrespective of what happens.
Stolen from post above:
.....council spokesman said,''"The Unite Against City scheme is in no one’s best interests, except Mr O’Brien’s. The valuation he is placing on his land is far in excess of anything in Manchester and would make it equivalent to the most-expensive plots in the most-expensive areas of London.''
Greed, pure greed. What did you expect this man to say to a Blue?

He's used his allegencies to try and make extra money and basically hold Manchester and it's citizen's to ransom. A snake of the lowest order.

Bigga said:
Blue2112 said:
I happen to know Shaun from when we went to school together back in the early 80's and was best of mates and hes a good bloke. Its uncanny how life throws up odd things that put you back in touch with somebody and today I spent a couple of hours catching up with him and when you read some of the more personal attacks and threats you realise its all a little sad.

Does he want to stand in the way of regeneration and progression to the local community and to Manchester City - No he doesn't and he is more than aware having seen at first hand some of the superb designs that we have planned for the future and for what its worth this is definetly going to happen without any of the old sites currently in despute being left standing whilst this new project is built around them.

I don't think it would take much more than a phone call from the decision makers at City or a walk across Alan Turing Way to finalise a detail in very quick time. That deal should be the correct price to buy a similar sized plot of land elsewhere in Manchester and the correct price to fund that move and set up again and yes no doubt the correct price to leave a profit, isn't that what all of us would want, Blue or Red?

It's easy to believe what the newspapers report when it fits the criteria but then the truth maybe somewhat different. We all know and City fans probably more than most how newspapers will twist the facts to support their own cause. I think the campaign is bourne out of frustration and has unfortunately been turned into a City v United scenario as a last resort of going down with a fight rather than accepting what he feels is wrong and doing nothing and just accepting what ultimately may be the inevitable.

I await the abuse!

I don't want to particularly kick you in the gonads, but... Weren't you the one defending your 'mate and neighbour' Stevie Ireland to the hilt only to end up with egg on your face?? Beware who you believe until you're sure of the facts rather than one side telling you a story. Lesson should be learned.

But, to balance it out, if I have you mixed up, I apologise!!

Ahhh Stephen Ireland....One day i'll write a book about him. Would be a best seller for sure, complicated to say the least. I defended him on the occasion when he wanted a similar wage deal to other players like Michael Johnson and others, which at that time considering his progress I think was a fair call from most people. Not sure why I was left with egg on my face as he was our player of the season at the time and it was no fault of mine that he never progressed. Daniel Sturridge was another making a shout for a higher wage and most agreed his time would come, was everyone wrong and left with egg on their faces for not saying he should have got it.

Hindsights a wonderful thing.

Back to the topic I have stated on another post that in fairness I have only had one side of the story.

To be honest he seems a bit stupid, I doubt there are many United fans who will fall for it, plus he has released his details to the public, which means he is going to get abuse and much worse, he has tried to make it a football rivalry issue, I don't which Einstein thought that one up for him

Normally I am sympathetic to these types of stories, however in this case I really can't see the point of his protest it will be tomorrows fish and chip paper

manimanc said:
and they call us bitter...........
this is exactly what i said when i read the m.u.e.n. this after noon when he said payback for the 1-6.

pure bitterness!!!!
lol

These people would rather turn down the hundreds of jobs. How stupid can you get?

I hope the unemployed construction workers go to those businesses and tell them what it means to their families to have a job.

I bet he was rubbing his fucking hands together and counting the money when he found out that City wanted all the land around him. He's a greedy rag shyster who's trying to get as much as possible. That's only human nature but he can fuck off if he expects sympathy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.