United 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not heard one rag mention luck until Mourinho started whinging last week. Now, every time I turn on the radio, it's all they can talk about. So easily manipulated, so little independent thought. Some of the press are no better.
When I was a kid at primary school if the rags list, their fans would come in on Monday with excuses as to why they lost,

I swear I genuinely believed they printed the excuses in the match programme.

A perfect excuse to mention my favourite Ig Nobel prize winners. Hats off to joint-1992 winners Jim Knowlton, for his anatomy poster "Penises of the Animal Kingdom" and the U.S.National Endowment for the Arts, for encouraging Mr. Knowlton to develop his work into a pop-up book.
i quite like this year's winner, evelyne debey, for asking asking a thousand liars how often they lie.

Not finished it yet so thanks for spoiling it. ;-)

Don't mind Marcotti. Engaged with him on Twitter a few times and comes across as a pretty decent guy.
Yeah same here with him actually.

He's just got it in his head that Pep tries to be too clever, whatever that means. Plus he tipped Jose to finish above Pep at the start of the season.

Let's for just one second pretend he was trying to get out of the way....

Why the screams and why the look of agony on his face and why the appeals for a free kick?

I will tell you why. He was diving and trying to Fucking cheat that's why.
I tried explaining this to one of them yesterday. Showed him the clip in slow motion of poor hard done to Paul, throwing himself clear of a horrendous career threatening injury. The look of fear on the lads face was there for all to see, as were the screams of pain that would inevitably cause a serious injury if he didn't avoid that kick.
Nope, he wasn't having it, even said he thought there was slight contact. I had to walk away.

I tried explaining this to one of them yesterday. Showed him the clip in slow motion of poor hard done to Paul, throwing himself clear of a horrendous career threatening injury. The look of fear on the lads face was there for all to see, as were the screams of pain that would inevitably cause a serious injury if he didn't avoid that kick.
Nope, he wasn't having it, even said he thought there was slight contact. I had to walk away.
I don't recall seeing any other view of the incident than the side-on view at the time. You couldn't really tell from that how close Noble was. Not very from what I saw but with all the cameras it seems strange there hasn't been a view of the incident from the other axis.

Is it totally cynical to suppose we haven't seen a head-on view because it would blow any pretence he was trying to avoid a tackle out of the water?

I don't recall seeing any other view of the incident than the side-on view at the time. You couldn't really tell from that how close Noble was. Not very from what I saw but with all the cameras it seems strange there hasn't been a view of the incident from the other axis.

Is it totally cynical to suppose we haven't seen a head-on view because it would blow any pretence he was trying to avoid a tackle out of the water?
You're 100% spot on. There are close to 40 cameras covering the average EPL game now. To say that there's only this one bit of footage of the worlds most expensive footballer is laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.