United 6 City 1

glen quagmire said:
Ricster said:
Patheitc person of the week. Well done too. Prick

What's up ric? You are usually one of the most chilled posters!

Cant be arsed with lloydie calling my opinion pathetic cos he doesn't agree that everything was rosey until Hughes shipped out Cassell. So cos he doesn't agree he calls it pathetic. So on that basis i think the lad is a prick.

Simple :) Its in the past now anyway. ;)

Andouble said:
United Academy stuffed ours today.

our team was Wood Veseli T Skog Kennedy Meppen-Walter Clowes Drury Huws Bunn Angel Henshall

was anyone there?

Me and me mate were going to go, but were informed that you needed a pass to watch, and you could only obtain a pass if you were related to one of the players.

6-1 isn't the best result but these lads are there to develop so it isn't the end of the world.

We have some terrifically talent technical players, but One of the things that strikes me when I go and watch the academy (u18s) is how small/slight our players are compared to most of the opposition. Some of the scouse team had a few lads over 6 ft, with shoulders like a scaffolder.

This is a 'good' problem to have, as the ability is already there for a lot of the players, yet they just need to strengthen and grow into their bodies, which comes with time.

Clubber said:
Andouble said:
United Academy stuffed ours today.

our team was Wood Veseli T Skog Kennedy Meppen-Walter Clowes Drury Huws Bunn Angel Henshall

was anyone there?

Me and me mate were going to go, but were informed that you needed a pass to watch, and you could only obtain a pass if you were related to one of the players.

6-1 isn't the best result but these lads are there to develop so it isn't the end of the world.

We have some terrifically talent technical players, but One of the things that strikes me when I go and watch the academy (u18s) is how small/slight our players are compared to most of the opposition. Some of the scouse team had a few lads over 6 ft, with shoulders like a scaffolder.

This is a 'good' problem to have, as the ability is already there for a lot of the players, yet they just need to strengthen and grow into their bodies, which comes with time.

You didnt need a pass to get in but it might have been better to miss it:)

We were poor all round.Too many times our players didn't pass the ball quickly enough (or at all) and in the early parts of the game the scum pressure came from us giving the ball away.Defensively we seemed ok for a while but a lucky goal from a cross which went in at the far post started the problems.

The second goal was unlucky for the keeper who had stopped 2 efforts and then the 3rd was a massive deflection. It was no way a 6.1 type game but we were well beaten.

As for City being a long ball side with big guys that's a joke.Our front men are Bunn,Roman,Henshall,Drory,Rusnak,Robinson.All are on the small side and definitely not headers of the ball.

Can't say I would pick anyone from City's team who had a good game.

Ricster said:
glen quagmire said:
What's up ric? You are usually one of the most chilled posters!

Cant be arsed with lloydie calling my opinion pathetic cos he doesn't agree that everything was rosey until Hughes shipped out Cassell. So cos he doesn't agree he calls it pathetic. So on that basis i think the lad is a prick.

Simple :) Its in the past now anyway. ;)

1 You said it .........It's waaay in the past, yet you still blame Hughes for a result in which half those playing weren't even at the club.
2 We had a good youth set up but were hardly bringing world beaters to the 1st team, your definition of rosy is not good enough for where we want to be
3 Garry Cook and Brian Marwood would bring JC back if they felt the plan for the Academy was failing. They reorganised the Academy not Hughes.
4 If you replaced "Welsh" with "Black" or "Irish" the inherent bigotry in your statement would be transparent. If you think he's a twat, fine just say so, his nationality is irrelevant unless you have an issue with it.
5 I called it pathetic because it seeks to apportion blame to someone else, it's an excuse for failure that we should take on the chin and attempt to learn from.
6 You can't spell 'pathetic'.
I admit to being a prick sometimes, in this instance you're the bigger one.

;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.