United 6 City 1

Mike D said:
Dubai Blue said:
Amen.

I've never understood the wankfest over our academy; there really is nothing to back it up with.

What pair of f*cking clowns the pair of you 2 are, and have not got a clue what you are talking about. The players you selectively mentioned did one important they apart from playing some first team football they brought in cash kept the club afloat. Give me another premiership club who have managed to do that over the last 10 or 15 years, apart from the rags who had the one batch that has well and truly dried up now.

Its not all about producing mega stars its about consistantly bringing players through then flogging them on for a nice profit if they don't make the grade.

-- Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:20 pm --

Nelly's Left Foot said:
" I mean Scott Sellars the guy should be strung up on Platt Lane fence and left stripped naked to be publically humiliated."

Why?

For his fraudulant claim at being a youth team coach.

Such a sweeping comment with no back up explanation. On what do you base your comments? What is it that he doesn't do or does wrong?

has this clowes lad that plays for your academy always played at City? We used to have someone at Wrexham academy called Leon Clowes who got signed by a premier league/championship club.

Mike D said:
Its an absolute disgrace we have the king maker on garden and the Taffia fledglings running the good name of the club into the ground. I mean Scott Sellars the guy should be strung up on Platt Lane fence and left stripped naked to be publically humiliated.

One of the most clueless ramblings i have ever read on here. Haven't a friggin clue.

Dubai Blue said:
Mike D said:
Give me another premiership club who have managed to do that over the last 10 or 15 years, apart from the rags who had the one batch that has well and truly dried up now.
West Ham United, you 'fucking clown'

also like to say Villa have Lichaj, Baker, Clark, Lowry, Bannan, Hogg, Herd, Albrighton, Delfouneso, Weimann, Agbonlahor who have all played in the Premiership this season.

Although admittedly, some were because of injuries and aren't good enough (Hogg, Herd, Lichaj, Lowry)

as well as players now at other clubs: Samuel, Ridgewell, Cahill, Whittingham, Hendrie, Davis, Luke Moore, D.Vassell, Craig Gardner, Hitzlesperger, Barry....(although those last two come as youngsters aged 16/17)

all players playing Premiership/Champ/SPL...come through last 10 or so years.

As well as Gary Gardner who is the most well thought of young player in a long time.

So I'd say, we have a pretty good system that bring through players as well pays for itself quite comfortably with sales over the years.

Villan10 said:
Dubai Blue said:
West Ham United, you 'fucking clown'

also like to say Villa have Lichaj, Baker, Clark, Lowry, Bannan, Hogg, Herd, Albrighton, Delfouneso, Weimann, Agbonlahor who have all played in the Premiership this season.

Although admittedly, some were because of injuries and aren't good enough (Hogg, Herd, Lichaj, Lowry)

as well as players now at other clubs: Samuel, Ridgewell, Cahill, Whittingham, Hendrie, Davis, Luke Moore, D.Vassell, Craig Gardner, Hitzlesperger, Barry....(although those last two come as youngsters aged 16/17)

all players playing Premiership/Champ/SPL...come through last 10 or so years.

As well as Gary Gardner who is the most well thought of young player in a long time.

So I'd say, we have a pretty good system that bring through players as well pays for itself quite comfortably with sales over the years.

You have a fantastic academy.

Its not about results at youth team level, its about development of players.

As long as the players are developing the right technique, skills and mentality to be able to become world class footballers then the result does not matter.

Stevecefn said:
has this clowes lad that plays for your academy always played at City? We used to have someone at Wrexham academy called Leon Clowes who got signed by a premier league/championship club.

Yes for a long time , he is a local lad.

Just want to back up what was said earlier in this thread about the difference between the two academies. My lad also plays for a premiership academy and in his earlier days was at both City and United. He ended up at City for a couple of years but didn't get re-signed as he wasn't 'physically built' the way a couple of new lads they brought in were. So a kid got signed who without sounding bitter, which I clearly am, wasn't a footballer in a million years! The same lad got released less than six months into the following season.

The way things were ran up to six months ago were as described, big physical lads, in fact five lads (though they looked like men in an under 13 team) were playing and were all brought over from Ghana for the City coaches to assess.

There are names at the academy I could but won't mention that have been there for years that are responsible for the lack of 'world class' talent coming through. And believe me when I say this that most academies want kids to come through and play in the first team, but at the likes of City that is no longer on the agenda, it's about that one kid that is the next Messi or Ronaldo! I was chatting to a respected scout who works with one of the City coaches weekly and he was saying that to get in a City team at youth level these days you're competing with kids from all over Europe, but they know they haven't ever produced a kid that is capable of producing on the world stage but that is what they have been told they must start producing. Maybe that remit will get rid of the obsession with big athletic lads but up until recently that is pretty much all they were interested in.

Manc said:
Just want to back up what was said earlier in this thread about the difference between the two academies. My lad also plays for a premiership academy and in his earlier days was at both City and United. He ended up at City for a couple of years but didn't get re-signed as he wasn't 'physically built' the way a couple of new lads they brought in were. So a kid got signed who without sounding bitter, which I clearly am, wasn't a footballer in a million years! The same lad got released less than six months into the following season.

The way things were ran up to six months ago were as described, big physical lads, in fact five lads (though they looked like men in an under 13 team) were playing and were all brought over from Ghana for the City coaches to assess.

There are names at the academy I could but won't mention that have been there for years that are responsible for the lack of 'world class' talent coming through. And believe me when I say this that most academies want kids to come through and play in the first team, but at the likes of City that is no longer on the agenda, it's about that one kid that is the next Messi or Ronaldo! I was chatting to a respected scout who works with one of the City coaches weekly and he was saying that to get in a City team at youth level these days you're competing with kids from all over Europe, but they know they haven't ever produced a kid that is capable of producing on the world stage but that is what they have been told they must start producing. Maybe that remit will get rid of the obsession with big athletic lads but up until recently that is pretty much all they were interested in.

Why not?
Your lad has already left, what's the problem?

lol come on its a learning curve for the kids so lets not judge it on one game...Arsenal kids got hammered 10-1 by Villa and our kids were beaten 8-0 by Chelsea lets keep things in perspective as you learn more from defeats than Victories. it will make the kids better and also sort out the wheat from the chaff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.