United (A) - League Cup SF Post-Match Thread

If you think this tie is all over then you're deluding yourself.

The hammered us a month ago, and that was with Ederson making 3 or 4 big saves. Next week, it's Bravo in goal, and a repeat of that performance is 5-1 not 2-1.
We didn't have the desire we showed in our 1st half in that game, the pressing was lazy. Combined with the fact that McTominay has been there best midfielder this season for there defense, and he is still injured, so they are defensively weak.

Also, while we won 3-1, it probably should have been like 6-1 just from the work of that first half, so it balances there efforts in there last game in a sense.

I'm honestly not worried, there is absolutely no fucking way we don't score ATLEAST 1 goal against United, they have holes defensively and we are good at scoring atleast. Just can't see it, upsets can always happen of course.

The hammered us a month ago, and that was with Ederson making 3 or 4 big saves. Next week, it's Bravo in goal, and a repeat of that performance is 5-1 not 2-1.

FFS. But they didn’t hammer us. We had most of the game & they scored on the break.

WE won tonight quite easily. We are getting all our players back now too

Sky still making excuses about their squad along with Ole …. "weve got what weve got" "young team".....ffs they've spent nearly 1billion since they last won the league

Bravo was great tonight when needed and we played with no recognised striker and easly beat them yes its far from over but 1 goal from us early doors and it is

Keep hearing how young man united team is
Take Williams and greenwood out and it’s the best they can offer
Keep rolling out excuses guys and please keep rolling out ole!

Mahrez can be selfish **** at times but I thought he was excellent tonight and had one of his best games for us.
ran on to one sitter, other than that I saw him hold on too long a number of times which came to nothing, in between he was no better or worse than the rest.

We had an off day it happens, their dog shit pal

We've had a lot of off days this season, and they were dog shit a month ago as well.

I think it’s over because they have to come at us now. In the derby last month they sat back and made us come at them, if they want to do that in the second leg then let them, we allow them to but that won’t work for them. Especially as pep seems to have found a tinker to his system that helps that.

I fully expect us to win the tie next week, but it will be a high pressure, nerve-wracking game we have to play at 100% that we could have completely avoided by killing them off tonight.

That's the frustration. In a vacuum it was a good result, a nice tactical change up from Pep and great fun to see us humiliate them for 45 mins, but FFS if we'd just killed them off we'd have made our lives so much easier.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.