United (A) - League Cup SF Post-Match Thread

what did he say?

He just said words to the effect of (talking about United winning at the Etihad the other week) " I think United got a bit too big for their boots after that win" and basically shut down all talk of United being a side capable of causing an upset in the second leg etc

He also beamed that lovely big smile a lot and seemed incredulous that United players seemed unwilling or unable to even put a tackle in.

I'm glad a lad like him got to taste some real success with us

They arrive 3-1 down, even if they score first they know we'll very likely score as well, and its rare we don't score 2 at home, so its highly unlikely we'll concede 3 or 4.

They'll arrive beaten imho, and its unlikely they'll have much better a team out than tonight, maybe Maguire back, who is obviously better than Jones or Lindelhof, but one of them will still be playing, so I'd keep the idea similar to tonight, and not play with a striker again.

Sack that, Aguero up against slab head is needed.

ENtoNP2X0AADW4v.jpg

Photo: Taylor Harwood-Bellis on Instagram. [tayhbellis_]

Tommy Doyle on Instagram. [tommy.doyle8]

How else would you describe the word ‘gutted’, capitalised?

I’m unsure but crushing disappointment wouldn’t be it. We aren’t shit any more and sneaking smash and grab wins. Peoples disappointment is not spanking them. Being 3-0 up and going through the motions second half sometimes deflates what’s an overall fantastic result, especially at a place like old Trafford. Maybe we are being greedy but half time you could smell blood, we let them off lightly

Just back from doing the game in the home end. Got called out as a city fan after 12 minutes but managed to blag it.

Gonna have to have a shower. I feel dirty cheering rashfords goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.