United (A) - League Cup SF Post-Match Thread

How times have changed when we win 3-1 away to the scum yet come out the ground disappointed with the result. Better result for united than us given what we saw on the pitch. we should have scored 5/6 easily and this should be over.

Sterling was yet again poor and wasteful, would like to see him dropped for a few games, mahrez deserves his place right now as he’s putting in a shift and performing very well in this more free role and I think Foden or Jesus can do a better job for us in his position right now. Can’t fault anybody else at all everyone stood up and was counted and we showed some desire that was badly lacking in the league game.

Games not won yet when it really should be but there’s no reason why we can’t put them to the sword once more in a couple of weeks.

Special mention to our fans tonight. Was a fantastic away end full of genuine city fans (and players) with significantly less corporate/tourists than we would see in a league game and it showed with the noise we created.

Last edited:
Sombody please put Martin Tyler out of his misery, or at least in a home.
His subdued response to Bernardo's goal tells you everything. He couldn't wait for them to score so he could open his book of cliches with the intonation rising in his voice..

For some reason Bernardo's goal reminded me a little of Ian Brightwells in the 80's....wrong end of the pitch and wrong foot but same top corner...build up nothing like it either but for some reason it did remind me of it.....about he same distance out as well

I think Eddie could have been one of the interchangeable false number 9's tonight and Jones wouldn't have noticed.

Fans were brill btw. Sounded like 5k or more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.