United (a) post-match thread

This team gave up way too early. They saw how strong Liverpool are and they gave up long before Christmas.

Sheffield were beaten 7x times this season same as us, and we say its injuries to blame? We have 1 billion pounds more valuable squad than Sheffield and they have not been in PL since years.
Apart from the Liverpool loss we were beaten by worse teams 6x times in PL.

Thing is if Pep is rewatching the 7 losses he would see a pattern in our play and our weaknesses and not sure he is doing enough to stop opponents punishing us trough those weaknesses.

Mate, Raz was struggling to even control the ball at times. His first touch was poor, he missed the one chance we had and he couldn’t beat his man all game. He was awful AGAIN.
By his own standards in recent years, this was nowhere near his best. But not shite either. He's had a rough spell.

Rags won't give a fuck if they manage to scrape into top 4 place.
No, they won't give a fuck if they get in the top four. But during games, their fans don't care much for the long balls - unless it's us or Liverpool they're playing. Maureen was slagged off by their fans for playing long balls and counter attacking football. Has OGS really improved Manure ? They slipped to lower mid-table and are improving from that low point to a place in the Prem that would still result in any other coach getting sacked.

This team gave up way too early. They saw how strong Liverpool are and they gave up long before Christmas.

Sheffield were beaten 7x times this season same as us, and we say its injuries to blame? We have 1 billion pounds more valuable squad than Sheffield and they have not been in PL since years.
Apart from the Liverpool loss we were beaten by worse teams 6x times in PL.

Thing is if Pep is rewatching the 7 losses he would see a pattern in our play and our weaknesses and not sure he is doing enough to stop opponents punishing us trough those weaknesses.

Keyboard warrior alert

I think this game was all about the first goal, we were the better side but they did have a few chances on the break that should have been dealt with. None were gilt edged chances though. Ederson's mistake knocked the stuffing out of us, it was a shot that should never have gone in, after a freekick that should never have been given. From there we struggled to control the game, struggled to create chances because we were too afraid of conceding a second.

There was a spell towards the end of the second half, where they were on the ropes but our passing was frustratingly wasteful(all of the midfield were at, it not just Rodi), nothing balls that gave the runners no chance and gave United the breathers they were seeking, by giving them throw-ins or goalkicks.

What they'll hide behind is that they should have had a penalty, it could have been given but it would have been a soft one. Not getting that, merely cancelled out the freekick from a dive that they scored from.

Then we have a case of the United players trying to make the ref's mind up, when he hadn't blown his whistle. Nor should he have, by the current offside rules, with VAR in place. Did I miss something or did we not get a close up showing which part of Aguero was deemed offside? Was the feed we saw on Sky, the actual VAR check in real time or was that just sky looking for one for the viewers? Because they didn't find one on the sky feed and the goal was still ruled out.

If anyone is trying to make out that going level in that game, after going behind, would not have made a difference, they're having a laugh.
A friend of mine is a high level ref - albeit not the four top divisions. They meet up with Prem refs at forums etc. The VAR images in the caravan are much higher definition than what Sky show.

That set the precedent and aside from a few decent performances we have been pretty poor on the whole in the league. We are second at the minute because everyone else aside from Liverpool are rebuilding and/or in disarray.
I couldn't agree more. For the most part, we have struggled to dominate like we have all become accustomed to. Things need changing, I'm not quite sure what....that's not my job. I used to thrill at the sight of City building an attack, now I feel as if our attack is muted, dare I say, boring. Change is required.
That being said, they wanted it more today and that's a fucking shame.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.