United (a) post-match thread

A few positives from yesterday's game.

- After my boys first visit to the swamp, they now hate united more than they did before.
- Sterling's next performance can't be any worse.
- Rodri's next performance can't be any worse
- Ederson's next performance can't be any worse.
- As the train back to Euston got cancelled, I didn't have to spend a couple of hours with united fans.
- As I had to concentrate on driving for 5 hours, I didn't get much chance to stew on probably our worst performance for 3 years, which we saved for the fuc#ing rags.
- We probably won't have to see the scousers win it at our place.
- David Silva's last game at Old Trafford wasn't that game.

Right, I'm headed back to the Covid 19 thread to cheer up.

We'll beat them at Wembley before the season ends. He who laughs last...

I was thinking that.

This season is still all to play for. Three months from now we could be looking at one of the greatest seasons in the club's history, if this game gives the team a kick up the arse for the two remaining cups, then it might be a blessing in disguise.

That is very true and also true of our first game with utd, too many people thinking we were crap because utd were better, nah just cheated just like Everton last week, liverpool have won the league thanks to SKY now they want a CL place for utd, otherwise SKY the FA and utd could lose anything up to 25% of their income
Sky aren't televising cl games, so it would hardly affect them.

We miss him in midfield where he's one of the best in the world at what he does.
Pep needs to realise this isn't a two-horse league where you can get away with playing a midfielder as centre back. We weaken two positions with one move by playing Fern there.
I hope Laporte isn't going to be as injury prone as Vinny or we'll need to sign two world class centre backs this summer.
We need two anyway. One to replace Vince and one to replace Otamendi as cover for injuries and suspensions. It was the most predictable problem area as soon as we knew Kompany was retiring. Or alternatively one to replace Stones if he can't develop the ability to concentrate for 90 minutes.

It doesn’t really get mentioned much now , Agueros goal looked good but aren’t they supposed to keep the flag down on close ones & let var sort it out or does that depend on what team it is ? Their goal was also close to offside but strangely the flag stayed down ...did var even look at it ? We’re so used to getting fucked over by var we just accept it now.
Liner thought it was like the old days running up and down in front of the Main Stand trying to impress Slur Alex. His flag went up immediately against Aguero which is not in line with the directive. We all know that Aguero was onside because they would have analysed it to death if the VAR picture had been able to prove it.
It was not a free kick for the goal either. But it looked a penalty against Otamendi, which they did analyse to death at half time.

There's a huge difference from the Manchester Derby games of the 90s. City didn't compete for trophies then. They certainly didn't have two pieces of silverware in the cabinet for the current season. We didn't win against Man Utd that often and Old Trafford was a place of dread. All derby games can go either way, with single moments being turning points. A weird free kick for a foul that probably never was, a hand offside, or a penalty claim waved away. That's football. City didn't deserve the win yesterday. This season we're soft in our hunger and leadership. There really are a few sparks missing. Still, much to play for. The bragging rights have gone, 3-1 to Them Lot. We've had worse days. Be nice if we can meet them in the Champions League and put that right. Oh... oops. That sounded proper RAG then, and I didn't even want it to be arrogant. FA Cup semi, if we both make it? Sterling, Ederson, Rodri, and nOtamendi, with Zinchenko didn't set the world alight and will surely be a tad better next time round. Really set it up for Liverpool at our place, wouldn't it be nice to give them the guard of honour? That doesn't bother me thankfully.
Right, I'm going to go and polish Ederson's boots and re-stitch his gloves. Manchester City ruined my life? Never. The boys in blue never give in. Next.

Cheers City, we now have to put up with utter tripe like this until the end of the season.

Henry Winter.

Early days, plenty of hurdles to overcome etc but you can see foundations being laid by Solskjaer with this #mufc, can see the identity of the team building. Hunger, pace, toughness, teamwork. Bruno Fernandes the catalyst; brings ideas, belief & a touch of that old United swagger

Pass me the fucking sick bucket!
Fucking hell, they were as poor as ever yesterday, got lucky with two abysmal errors from City.

Peps buys
Ederson mainly ok
Cancelo ?
Mendy ?
Stones ?
Laporte ok
Walker ok
Rodri ?
Gundogan 50/50
Stirling ?
Mahrez ok
Sane ok
Jesus 50/50
Bernado mainly ok
KDB ok
Yes a couple of these were signed by the club before Pep took over - but the board were laying the foundations for him imo
You had me for a minute there. Nearly bit

The basic problem is that we're trying to play intricate passing football through massed defences and it only comes off when everybody is on form. - See the past two seasons.
But if there is a dip in form then we struggle against massed defences from bottom six teams, never mind top six teams. Or even top eight teams as the rags were before we gave them a leg up yesterday.
We played the better football, but Ederson had more to do than De Gea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.