United (a) post-match thread

Yeah unfortunately for us fans pep treats the derby as a normal game whereas in the past I think our previous managers treated it as THE game of the season plus for Utd they treat the derby with more importance than us nowadays, it's gone full circle.

in the grand scheme of things it shows us where we are, which is a positive in itself, but right here and now it doesn't feel like it
but it shows you any % drop off at this level and it can bite you in the arse and unfortunately for eddy that's exactly what happened

Interesting how well do you thing Aguero played ? since he is one of the few you have not mentioned, how many shots did he have? any on target? as that is his job, at least Sterling and Foden tried to win by shooting and on target.
It was a fustrating game they started with 6 defenders 2 defensive midfielders 1 attacking midfielders and 1 striker at home, and were not in the game until the ref gave them 2 non existent fouls
Based on the combination play as stated they don’t work together. If you don’t supply sergio he can’t score, Foden when not playing in front of Cancelo did better. Foden with Walker was a revelation.

Fernandes has picked up the 'united dive' quicker than I expected.

alesha-strictly2--z.jpg

I hate to say this but for some reason Pep doesnt seem to want to really go for utd , so do enough to win not embarrass them. Whereas Mancini would want to embarrass them, he got what it meant to us fans. Pep should have gone with a weaker team against the gooners not utd.

Agreed and Pep can’t possibly think that was anywhere near his strongest team yesterday but does he know it is anyway these days? His constant rotation is baffling at the moment as there seems little logic. Only guarantee for the next big game is Pep will start the pacy dynamic duo of Rodri and Gundogan to terrify teams.

I love Eddie but he seems to be making a lot of mistakes this season. Cancelo is not as good as Walker; Zinchenko is a limited player who is out of form. No comment needed about the CBs. Foden did a good job in the final but is no winger. Sterling and in particular Bernardo look like they just want the season to end. The whole team is slow and predictable. A more serious rebuild needed than any of us thought at the start of the season I suspect.

Agreed and Pep can’t possibly think that was anywhere near his strongest team yesterday but does he know it is anyway these days? His constant rotation is baffling at the moment as there seems little logic. Only guarantee for the next big game is Pep will start the pacy dynamic duo of Rodri and Gundogan to terrify teams.

There's logic. The constant rotation has won us 8 from 9 possible trophies since 17/18. The only trophy rags have won in that team is beating City by sitting deep, defending for their lives and fluking a goal. Their joy from a win against us which took them to 5th speaks volumes.

I love Eddie but he seems to be making a lot of mistakes this season. Cancelo is not as good as Walker; Zinchenko is a limited player who is out of form. No comment needed about the CBs. Foden did a good job in the final but is no winger. Sterling and in particular Bernardo look like they just want the season to end. The whole team is slow and predictable. A more serious rebuild needed than any of us thought at the start of the season I suspect.
Ederson was brilliant early season, but has also not played much the last few weeks due to cup games.

Must be difficult for a keeper when rested to get back into the swing of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.