United (a) post-match thread

in the grand scheme of things it shows us where we are, which is a positive in itself, but right here and now it doesn't feel like it
but it shows you any % drop off at this level and it can bite you in the arse and unfortunately for eddy that's exactly what happened
Yeah you're right pal, the intensity has gone, we've lost that drive and that slickness, we just need to write this season off league wise and go again next season, we just need to focus on the cups now, we got possibly 10 games in the fa cup and champions league to glory and turning an alright season into a fucking fantastic one.

Did they win the club world cup or something yesterday ? Only been in the car 10 minutes and every radio station I tuned in to is celebrating like they did, utterly bizarre !

There's logic. The constant rotation has won us 8 from 9 possible trophies since 17/18. The only trophy rags have won in that team is beating City by sitting deep, defending for their lives and fluking a goal. Their joy from a win against us which took them to 5th speaks volumes.
A lap of honour I heard after beating us. Strange.

We were always going to struggle with the back four Pep picked , Cancelo and Zinchenko have had hardly any game time , Otto we all know is impulsive and will give free kicks away and invite pressure , Dinho at 34 year old just cannot cover all the mistakes the other three were making.
Pep decided not to risk KDB and god only knows why our most inform forward Mahrez didnt start , but with Walker,Mendy,Mahrez and KDB in the team , not forgetting the continued absence of Laporte we would easily beaten an average but hard working Rag team , so i wont get to depressed if the Rags want to celebrate their cup final against 50% of our first choice XI
But Pep has to realise the shite our fans will endure and the Rag media jizz fest which will distract us over the next few days, perhaps next time we play the Rags Pep will take it as seriously as our supporters do.

There's logic. The constant rotation has won us 8 from 9 possible trophies since 17/18. The only trophy rags have won in that team is beating City by sitting deep, defending for their lives and fluking a goal. Their joy from a win against us which took them to 5th speaks volumes.

The previous 2 seasons we were miles better than we are now though. I’m on about the rotation this season and in big games I don’t think he’s got it right too often( don’t even think he did against Madrid but we won so fair enough I suppose). We have the best squad in the league so can go strong in other comps. Even the one we’ve won so far that a lot of clubs aren’t arsed about.

Zin, Nico, Eddie all had mares. It did not help that we were not great at the other end of the pitch so they got a lot of opportunities to break.

All well and good; doesn’t mean playing Derby’s without any spirit

Possibly the players and maybe Pep saw this game differently to the supporters.
Just wondering if Pep could let us know which games he is up for so that the loyal City supporters can decide if they can be bothered as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.