United (a) post-match thread

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but Mike Dean’s performance was a consummate display of smoke and mirrors, aided and abetted by his assistant minions.

1. Sterling who had a pretty poor game was hacked at repeatedly in the opening minutes, Dean who has previous with Raz (Bournemouth) shrugs his shoulders and let’s them play on.
2. Gündogan who again had a poor game nicks the ball away from their latest star, the ball is travelling forwards, Dean seems happy to play on but as the reds do their usual whinging he reacts and appears to think “yeah why not”. Fernandinho is booked for complaining. Seconds later City are a goal down.
3. With City breaking, Agüero lays the ball off and is hacked down by Maguire, he would later leave the field and have an ice back on his knee, no yellow card. As it’s becoming more and more obvious Dean is helping them just as he did Spurs away in our last defeat it dawns on him he must do something outlandish to keep the objectivity illusion going.
4. Step forward Fred, Otamendi catches him and although he goes down theatrically it looks a pen, with City breaking forward he pulls them back to book Fred, was Dean stopping the game in the hope he got a word in his ear “penalty” or was he grand standing knowing full well the red unwashed would be aghast? And thus the illusion is kept going.
5. The assistant bell ends have been told repeatedly on tight calls don’t raise your flag, Agüero is played in one on one, bell end raises his flag, instinctively everyone hesitates but Agüero keeps his cool and slots home, De Gea doesn’t move, double bluff? The TV replays show Agüero level, then up pops a magic hand drawn line to show Agüero “shoulder” is offside but no corresponding vertical line is drawn to the defender, very quickly the game is re-started. Now the cynic in me wonders if the VAR referee had sussed the situation, knew the Lino had fucked up and also knew Utd would kick up a huge stink “we stopped playing” etc, City then go on and win and there’s a national enquiry. Hence the lesser evil is to rule out what appeared a perfectly good goal.

tin foil hat stuff ? Maybe, maybe not.
Don't disagree with any of that. If memory serves me right, after yet another hack at Sterling he just stops playing assuming the free kick would come. It didn't yet nobody bats an eyelid. I said before the game that operation get the rags into 4th is in full swing and given that Chelsea won it was imperative to help the rags in any way. Yes we helped them but the ref also did. Anyone got an image of when their free kick was played and if there was an offside? Thought not. Yet the liner was so sure that Aguero was off the flag went up straight away. I was convinced the left back played him on at the time and I still am.

That's one of the biggest load of bollocks that is regularly spouted on this forum. It's actually plain stupid - sorry.

Of course he gets it but he doesn't manage on the basis that beating the Rags is the be all and end all but some of our sad small time supporters still seem stuck in the days when beating United was the potential high point of our season.

But why are you and many others under the impression we had to throw yesterday to succeed in future? That’s what’s bollocks. We could have comfortably played a good team yesterday, rotate and mess about Wednesday if you want but in a league season that’s been disappointing, against united who’ve already beaten us twice, why oh why do we what we did yesterday. Madrid isn’t until next week.

It wasn’t a choice yesterday, we was able to still select a good side, win the game and still have a good season. It wasn’t one or the other.

Don't disagree with any of that. If memory serves me right, after yet another hack at Sterling he just stops playing assuming the free kick would come. It didn't yet nobody bats an eyelid. I said before the game that operation get the rags into 4th is in full swing and given that Chelsea won it was imperative to help the rags in any way. Yes we helped them but the ref also did. Anyone got an image of when their free kick was played and if there was an offside? Thought not. Yet the liner was so sure that Aguero was off the flag went up straight away. I was convinced the left back played him on at the time and I still am.

Clutching at straws and very selective. Fred was fouled he booked him. After that sterling incident early on he immediately gave us a soft free kick seemingly to rectify his error. He got a number of things wrong but for both teams. My problem with the free kick on their goal was he didn’t wave play on, he saw the tackle and watched play move on, the second we won possession he gave a foul. If he thought it was a foul where was the play on signal?

Of course he gets it but he doesn't manage on the basis that beating the Rags is the be all and end all but some of our sad small time supporters still seem stuck in the days when beating United was the potential high point of our season.
don't call me sad and small time you cheeky little fucker
yesterday,unacceptable from the start to the final moment fuck up
i'll give a " pinch " like our chairman on a lot of things but not losing to them cu nts 3 in 4 in 1 season

But why are you and many others under the impression we had to throw yesterday to succeed in future? That’s what’s bollocks. We could have comfortably played a good team yesterday, rotate and mess about Wednesday if you want but in a league season that’s been disappointing, against united who’ve already beaten us twice, why oh why do we what we did yesterday. Madrid isn’t until next week.

Astonishing that fans can be accused of being small minded for wanting to beat their fierce local rivals.

What have we become ?

I would rather we put the entire under 21 side out against Arsenal,and a full strength side against the Rags.

But i am a small minded twat who sees beating the Rags as a major highlight of any season regardless of winning Silver.

Astonishing that fans can be accused of being small minded for wanting to beat their fierce local rivals.

What have we become ?

I would rather we put the entire under 21 side out against Arsenal,and a full strength side against the Rags.

But i am a small minded twat who sees beating the Rags as a major highlight of any season regardless of winning Silver.
Beating the rags more important than trophy's,wow listen they are not important anymore let it go,like a dog with a f,cking bone.

it feels a bit like Pep can't win with some people.

if he starts Mendy, Walker and De Bruyne and one of them gets seriously injured people would be saying why not prioritise the Madrid game.

If he hadn't started Foden everyone would have said what we needed was Fodens youthful energy.

Its always easy in hindsight to say he got it wrong, but my feeling is if Sterling slots away that chance and it finishes 1-1 there would be no over reaction.

I am starting to wonder if the differences in age of our supporters, is the reason for difference in opinions.

Some really dont seem to give a shit,it was just a meaningless Premier League game.

Younger supporters will only really know City success.

Older Supporters like me suffered Years of abuse from our Rag neighbors.When we were shit,fuck me they let us know it.

This is the reason i savor every derby win.Bobby Manc gave me the 2 greatest days ever as a City fan the first Premier League Title and the 6-1.I only wish Pep got us like Bobby Manc did,then he would be the perfect manager.We saw that Banner ripped down,what a day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.