United (A) | Post Match Thread

Having looked at that offside goal a few times now. It started with abysmal play from Grealish then Silva then Cancelo all lazily failing to even try and stop Wan Bissake . Then Ake and Rodri are in the middle of nowhere. Casemiro loses his nearest man (Haaland) , Akanji has already lost Rashford and Walker has lost Fernandes ,they have Garnacho over on the left Yes it was offside but the ease with which in 2 passes they went like a knife through the team was disgraceful.
Can’t disagree with any of that , a true reflection on where we are this season as a team , no desire, organisation , slipshod in a lot of what we do .

In some aspects today was quite reassuring. I expected to lose this afternoon and we did do having been utterly shafted by an appalling refereeing display. It's like my youth all over again.

The Lino gave the offside, Ref overruled Lino, VAR Failed to overturn the Refs decision.
The final decision lies with the onfield referee, VAR cannot overrule him.
Unfortunately for us the onfield referee was a clown demoted previously for his incompetence famous for giving a goal after the ball had gone wide of thr post.

Having looked at that offside goal a few times now. It started with abysmal play from Grealish then Silva then Cancelo all lazily failing to even try and stop Wan Bissake . Then Ake and Rodri are in the middle of nowhere. Casemiro loses his nearest man (Haaland) , Akanji has already lost Rashford and Walker has lost Fernandes ,they have Garnacho over on the left Yes it was offside but the ease with which in 2 passes they went like a knife through the team was disgraceful.
Yes it was offside

He was not interfering as its interpreted in the new rules,it was a legitimate goal.

Those of us who are old skool and see offside as offside,and anyone who is on the pitch is classed as interferring,are either gonna have to accept this new bollocks or find a different past time.

Defenders are just gonna have to take it all into account and keep defending until any danger has passed.

It fucking stinks but that is the law.
Is it the law though? I think Rashford could be the example shown to highlight the bit below.

2ABCCB49-C383-4D88-BEAE-9D62CE6F92BF.jpeg

Just watched the Brighton v dipper game. Apart from the result which i happily chuckled at it was the way Brighton played. Quick passing, guile and an end product. Reminded me of City not too long ago. What i will say is I think we have now hit our lowest level for now and fully expect us to push on and still with this league.

FFS, whilst City have some issues this season - they face a completely different set of problems against opponents than Brighton would against Liverpool.

When teams give you no space to attack and / or virtually man mark your attacking players (as United did today) it's really difficult.

I disagree completely.

You have to understand the intent of the rules to interpret them correctly. The exact situation that occurred is not covered by the rules but look at example 4 and understand the principles and Rashford is unquestionably interfering with play.

Akanji's interview gives another clear picture, if any was needed, why the goal should have been disallowed.
I agree 100% mate. Rashford was going for the ball until he got a call from The Rat. Ederson was definitely distracted by Rashford being there. Probably the top assistant referee in the country correctly flagged, but after Atwell was badgered by half the United team he decided to go over to him and get it overturned. If this type of scenario is allowed, I can see teams planning such a move in the future.

He was not interfering as its interpreted in the new rules,it was a legitimate goal.

Those of us who are old skool and see offside as offside,and anyone who is on the pitch is classed as interferring,are either gonna have to accept this new bollocks or find a different past time.

Defenders are just gonna have to take it all into account and keep defending until any danger has passed.

It fucking stinks but that is the law.
Rubbish. He is literally stood over the ball a few minutes before Bruno shoots it. As a gk how are you supposed to know who is going to shoot? He is directly in front of akanji as well so stopping him from getting the ball without having to go round. It's clearly nonsense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.