United (A) | Post Match Thread

@ojeme

Do you see why I picked the team as I did in the match day thread?

The control isn't in the middle and only one of our mid can pass through the lines or draw them in to lay off the pass as it is. This is why I thought Gundo would have been better. Bernardo there isn't going anywhere and it's a waste of his drive.

Bin Foden and Cancelo, move Aké left and bring Laporté in the centre for the other option to passing through the lines.

I would rather Grealish/ Alvárez come on and try and attack their defensive lines and draw fouls as Foden is not in the game.
Hindsight is always 100%

There’s no way to know if we would have won or if we would have been pumped 4-1 had we used your suggested team. I reckon it would have been closer to the latter.

The game was lost due to poor game management apart from very bent refereeing. At the end of first half we were much better and even up till the first goal we had them on toast. Playing Debruyne or Alvarez wide in a high profile match is suicide. Gundo hasn’t done anything of note all season. Grealish proved you right indeed but apart from that I do not agree with a lot of your suggestions.

They are a very counter attacking potent side and if Bernardo’s energy was missing in the middle of the pack, playing KDB and Gundo, maybe the game would have been over at half time. They were able to cut us open when we began to tire and that’s why I expect that we should have tried to managed the game better.

Can’t decide whether a lot of this squad is tired and out of form or past their best? Maybe ship out a few in summer and add a few fresh faces

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.