United (A) | Post Match Thread

A shame Eddy didn't just go for rat face and smash his teeth down his neck...
Would Rashford have touched the ball then?
An interesting scenario nevertheless..

I don't understand why our players just didnt stop when Rashford initially went through,and was clearly offside.The fact we played on gave opportunity for this craziness to develop.

But is he affecting Edersons 'ability to reach the ball'?
Ederson cannot be expected to know he is in an offside position and therefore had to cover the angle of his run and a potential shot and also was unable to reach the ball without potentially fouling him and maybe getting sent off.
This allowed Fernando to run in from a different angle and score with the keeper's attention focused elsewhere.
Fernandes was allowed to run because Walker wasn’t switched on. If he defended to the whistle this would have been a non event. You can’t put faith in the officials because they’ve shown incompetence for years.

Bernardo had the ball in midfield, about to launch an attack, then Rashford pulled up with an injury, the ref didn't stop play, Bernardo bayed by the crowd played the ball into touch so Rashford could get assistance.

3 minutes ticked by, when the extra-time was added, we got 1 minute back for good sportmanship.
tu3xhUI.gif

Of course he did . What are you talking about. It’s like you know you’ve made a mistake in what you are talking about but rather than hold your hands up and admit you’re wrong you’re banging on with a load of rubbish.
The problem with trying to have a law for offside, just like handball, is that it is impossible to make it fair. You rely on the interpretation of the referee.

We used to flag for offside if anyone was off and this caused some unfair decisions. We have ended up now with this mess. By trying to right a wrong we have just created another wrong.

The goal using common sense should not stand unfortunately common sense, the laws of the game and referees will always be found wanting.

Spoke to lots of fans from various clubs and everyone is unanimous we got shafted, while the giddies are laughing, hardly believing their luck
Ditto
My wife is from Bolton, all of her family support Wanderers.
Asked a good mate who's a Chelsea fan and very objective.
All said it shouldn't have stood.

Almost certainly been posted on the thread, but should be posted over and over, a hundred times, till the thread is closed or abandoned:

"If a player isn’t interfering with play then he shouldn’t be on the pitch."
— Brian Howard Clough

to be complemented that other great manager (I think, to Ian St John):

"If you’re not interfering with play then you should be."
— Bill Shankly
Great quotes but complete bollocks

Keep hearing this arguement without people actually acknowledging that most teams put 10 behind the ball against us.
Brighton were great yesterday because the Dippers came to attack, not sit back for 90 mins and try the odd counter.

The football is fine, we need more tempo and intensity.
Agreed, but how do we get the tempo and intensity back? Im no coach or tactician but Too me it seems like Pep has told everyone to just keep the ball at all costs. With kev being the only exception, hence why he seems to be the only one who attempts the killer balls and crosses. And at the moment a lot of his balls are just not quite hitting the mark. Are we too reliant on kev too feed erling?
I don't know, maybe I'm just talking shit :-)

Agreed, but how do we get the tempo and intensity back? Im no coach or tactician but Too me it seems like Pep has told everyone to just keep the ball at all costs. With kev being the only exception, hence why he seems to be the only one who attempts the killer balls and crosses. And at the moment a lot of his balls are just not quite hitting the mark. Are we too reliant on kev too feed erling?
I don't know, maybe I'm just talking shit :-)
We need to get back to good game management, nothing has changed we've always passed sides into submission.

What's changed is the periods in the game where we increased the intensity have declined significantly, some games like Southampton it doesn't happen at all.

It could be a number of factors, I trust Pep will find a solution.

No worries, I'm just frustrated at having a big beautiful fast striker and not utilising his strengths. Maybe it's Kevs form or that no one gets to the line and crosses it anymore or maybe it because Peps just to good and teams won't open up as much and leave the spaces for a thorough ball. Sorry can't do sentences with you a massive jumble up of words.
It's utterly ridiculous how for so long whenever we found ourselves struggling to break teams down we had a habit of resorting to lofting high crosses into the box for non-existent munchkin false 9's to not get on the end of.

Now we have a monster of a striker upfront we no longer seem to ever send in any high crosses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.