United (A) | Post Match Thread

Akanji said he actually only turned up to this at the end, but at least Grealish and Walker give a shit, I guess.

Grealish was smashing into everyone at the end of the game and had a right to-do with Martinez. Absolutely loved his passion and his goal celebration also in front of the fans. It’s a shame his goal in the end meant very little as honestly there isn’t a player I’d wanted to have scored more. Hopefully it’s the confidence boost he needs to really kick on now

I wonder if they will change the law now like they did after our goal at Villa, what is stop Haaland standing in the 18 yard box from now on with no intention of touching the ball, it would cause mayhem. All he has to do is stand there the keeper will need an eye on him the ball is played to him he lets it run past, wtf does the keeper and any defender do. The league have created a huge mess with this decision now and let’s see how many others try it and it gets ruled out.
Maybe we need to start making game plans around such and incorporate the rule into our armoury,take advantage of the mess.

I've never been so sanguine about such a controversial decision. The die was cast years ago and through a drip drip process I've accepted we can't beat the system. So much empirical evidence to back it up but alas I now accept it as the norm. I've been brow beaten into submission. Personally speaking yesterday was the definitive proof of something totally underhand going on.
It's not going to change..they are simply protecting the "brand"
I shall however continue my support unbowed and undeterred

Last edited:
Rashford was offside,Fernandes wasn't.

Rashford never touched the ball so the rules don't cover interfering with play in the manner in which you claim.He didn't ACTIVELY obstruct Akanji,who waas 2 yards behind and never getting back,neither did he obstruct Walker or Ederson.

Rashfords presence most definitely affected the decisions of the our players,but seemingly that isn't against the rules and is the reason the officials came to their decision.

And just in case you are confused.....once again,i agree that it is bollocks and the game has gone if that is deemed a legitimate goal.
So technically we could play with 9 men offside and sheild the ball and block the defenders run as long as the player who touches it runs from an onside position....

Next time Akanji (or whoever it is and whatever team they play for) would be well advised just to trip Rashford up as soon as he’s started to run past as he would then be deemed ‘active’. Foul and red card might be given but would then be overturned due to the offside.
From the LotG:

In situations where:
• a player in an offside position is moving towards the ball with the intention of playing the ball and is fouled before playing or attempting to play the ball, or challenging an opponent for the ball, the foul is penalised as it has occurred before the offside offence
• an offence is committed against a player in an offside position who is already playing or attempting to play the ball, or challenging an opponent for the ball, the offside offence is penalised as it has occurred before the foul challenge

In practice what this means is Akanji would be sent off under the first clause but Shaw would be allowed to foul Haaland under the second. You can’t win when the officials are bent and the rules have enough ambiguity to be open to manipulation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.