United (A) | Post Match Thread

Far too many players dropped way below their standards in recent months. Since November the performances of Foden, KDB, Bernardo, Cancelo and a few others fucking terrible

Exactly this. I have been saying this for ever.
But surely then the only answer is we need to change how we play?

We have to transition faster, we have to take more risks and accept less possession of the ball, we need players in the middle ahead of Rodders who try to drive forwards and commit defenders etc etc.

Just about calmed down enough to comment on that goal.
Offside, he was in a different post code.
Not interfering with play, he took our defence with him.
If he's not interfering with play he shouldn't be on the f*****g pitch.
CHEATING BASTARDS. Watched in my club in Burnley, all the Clarets who have no love of City found it ridiculous. So pissed off I walked out in disgust, not surprised when I got to the Turf to see we'd lost. Even a win for Burnley failed to lift my spirits, being abused and threatened on the train by bastard Rovers fans returning from Rotherham rounded off a shitty day.

My original post that you replied to was me quoting someone who said about MOTD highlighting said point, lol.

On the control, possession, boring part, where you say about parked buses, then again that’s where I think our lack of transition at pace is a big part of the problem. We allow teams to get back into position because we fanny about with it so much at the back, which is all about Pep’s control of the football and game etc. I just don’t think with our current squad we are equipped to change the style much, plus with said current squad we also aren’t capable of unpicking blocked defences well enough. It’s a problem obviously as has been seen with our recent form, but when we apparently passed up so many opportunities to thread Erling in then it frustrates the fuck out of me.

I feel sorry at the moment for Haaland, and hate the thought he must be seriously pissed off with the way we are playing and utilising him.

True but I was commenting on whether that is on Pep or the players and you saying that can only be on Pep, which I don't agree with, before we go round in circles.

I haven't seen the examples picked out and I can't go and look at the moment. I do think we should be trying to play him in more and I hope it is something they are working on in training.

I agree our transitions are sometimes too slow but only United have scored more counter attacking goals than us this season.

I also think we do need some personnel changes to help us adapt. What I do now is Pep has kept solving problems. He needed until January of his first season to get the right fromual for what he had at his disposal then and, all in all, we've been the best team in the league since that point. We are not even at the equivalent stage in this season.

But surely then the only answer is we need to change how we play?

We have to transition faster, we have to take more risks and accept less possession of the ball, we need players in the middle ahead of Rodders who try to drive forwards and commit defenders etc etc.

And whenever players lose the ball, the crowd will groan; especially if it leads to a counter attack. :-)

It's what happens when our approach to games is passive and trying to manage it with minimal risks.

Teams just try to stay in the game and know we don't create too much, if they can force our passing game sideways.

Then you have results like Everton and United, providing perfect opportunities for dodgy ref decisions into the mix.

I'm so disappointed with people like Phil and Bernie, in particular.

Players I love, but are selling themselves and us way short right now.

Bernie was abysmal and Phil ignored, whatever the instruction was, Jack certainly wasn't impacted by it?

We miss Stones and Dias so much.

I feel so sorry for Haaland, he is doing everything to get involved, but the time must come where we adapt to him or he will lose the joy of being here pretty rapidly, feeding on scraps.

Perhaps ditch the need for two wide men stretching the pitch as wide as possible, to try and create the overloads, and go with an extra man in the centre. It's clear why Bellingham is wanted for the engine room.

Never thought I would ever say this, but would sell Bernie this window and try to get someone else in at left back and put Cancelo as the extra man in midfield?

By the way, Rodri is the best midfielder of his type in the entire world right now.

Something else I never thought was possible from him.

Immense and first name on the team sheet.

We are looking stale, similar to Liverpool, but with the resources to do something about that quickly.

Still seething about yesterday. Watched the game again later last night and the 2nd half after we scored was not pleasant viewing. Their 2nd goal in particular...Akanji gives the ball away in their half then lumbers back. The guy has no pace, he is clearly perfectly capable of defending when teams are punting the ball into the box but that's about it. On the break, he is well off the required pace.
Not good enough and that leads to another point....Ake and Akanji yesterday couldn't pass through Utd's press and Rodri and Silva had to come back even deeper to pick up the ball.
When Stones & Laporte play, they can both come forward with the ball and pass, that's an integral part of how we play and if the CB's can't do it, we tend to lose a bit of spark & threat.

True but I was commenting on whether that is on Pep or the players and you saying that can only be on Pep, which I don't agree with, before we go round in circles.

I haven't seen the examples picked out and I can't go and look at the moment. I do think we should be trying to play him in more and I hope it is something they are working on in training.

I agree our transitions are sometimes too slow but only United have scored more counter attacking goals than us this season.

I also think we do need some personnel changes to help us adapt. What I do now is Pep has kept solving problems. He needed until January of his first season to get the right fromual for what he had at his disposal then and, all in all, we've been the best team in the league since that point. We are not even at the equivalent stage in this season.
I’ve just watched that part of MOTD and they did highlight a few runs and had a chat about us not looking to play him in, I also know there were other examples I remembered from the game that weren’t shown so there were definitely plenty. Let’s move on from that one though.

No signs currently of us opening the chequebook though this month, buying a decent left footed left back should be an absolute priority and fucking Gomez off to a CFG club.

It's what happens when our approach to games is passive and trying to manage it with minimal risks.

Teams just try to stay in the game and know we don't create too much, if they can force our passing game sideways.

Then you have results like Everton and United, providing perfect opportunities for dodgy ref decisions into the mix.

I'm so disappointed with people like Phil and Bernie, in particular.

Players I love, but are selling themselves and us way short right now.

Bernie was abysmal and Phil ignored, whatever the instruction was, Jack certainly wasn't impacted by it?

We miss Stones and Dias so much.

I feel so sorry for Haaland, he is doing everything to get involved, but the time must come where we adapt to him or he will lose the joy of being here pretty rapidly, feeding on scraps.

Perhaps ditch the need for two wide men stretching the pitch as wide as possible, to try and create the overloads, and go with an extra man in the centre. It's clear why Bellingham is wanted for the engine room.

Never thought I would ever say this, but would sell Bernie this window and try to get someone else in at left back and put Cancelo as the extra man in midfield?

By the way, Rodri is the best midfielder of his type in the entire world right now.

Something else I never thought was possible from him.

Immense and first name on the team sheet.

We are looking stale, similar to Liverpool, but with the resources to do something about that quickly.
I've been saying that for months about Bernie, been pap for ages...plus made it clear he would rather be elsewhere. Seems immune to criticism, oddly

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.