United (A) | Post Match Thread

The football is boring as our players passed up several, I think someone said MOTD highlighted 6, opportunities to play Erling in behind their defence, which was my original point. The fact we chose to retain possession fits with why I think our football is boring. Not too difficult.

I'd have to look at that bit of MotD to comment on that.

I'm still fucking raging. I suspect I'll still be raging in a month or two. I really hope the players feel the same, they need a big fucking kick up the arse and hopefully this provides that because if it doesn't, its going to be a miserable next few months.

I agree, but we’re now leaking goals on a regular basis, and it’s becoming worrying. We were in winning positions against Everton (who are dire, and who are losing to everyone), and United (who are being made to look much better than they really are). We chucked away five points in those matches. We were cruising to take a point at Anfield. It’s worrying.
I actually have little doubt that we’ll play better later in the season. The question is how much later.

(I say nothing about the Brentford and Southampton defeats. They were entirely merited victories by the opposition. As were the draws against Villa and Newcastle).
That first goal wasn’t leaked. It was an illegitimate 'goal'. Our defence did everything right to put Rashford offside.

I'd have to look at that bit of MotD to comment on that.
My original post that you replied to was me quoting someone who said about MOTD highlighting said point, lol.

On the control, possession, boring part, where you say about parked buses, then again that’s where I think our lack of transition at pace is a big part of the problem. We allow teams to get back into position because we fanny about with it so much at the back, which is all about Pep’s control of the football and game etc. I just don’t think with our current squad we are equipped to change the style much, plus with said current squad we also aren’t capable of unpicking blocked defences well enough. It’s a problem obviously as has been seen with our recent form, but when we apparently passed up so many opportunities to thread Erling in then it frustrates the fuck out of me.

I feel sorry at the moment for Haaland, and hate the thought he must be seriously pissed off with the way we are playing and utilising him.

I'm still fucking raging. I suspect I'll still be raging in a month or two. I really hope the players feel the same, they need a big fucking kick up the arse and hopefully this provides that because if it doesn't, its going to be a miserable next few months.

Some players will care more than others.

To many it's just a game, they're friends with utd players and won't even be bothered about it like you and I.

The football is boring as our players passed up several, I think someone said MOTD highlighted 6, opportunities to play Erling in behind their defence, which was my original point. The fact we chose to retain possession fits with why I think our football is boring. Not too difficult.
We are a very hard watch this season, too slow for words which makes for boring football

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.