United (A) | Post Match Thread

Morning blues how we all feeling?

I'm over it, not letting them giddy cunts spoil my season. The thing is there can't be anymore talk of them being in transition or turning a corner, they've set the bar and that could be their undoing now, the pressure is on them to perform.

This time next week we could be top, providing results go for us and we don't shit the bed in our next two games. I'll always back us regardless of our position or who we play, for whatever reason we are looking disjointed and out of sorts but we'll come through it eventually.

We aren't even at half way yet, bring on the 2nd half of the season, it's going to be a close shave and it pains me to say it but the top 3 as it is will be in it right to the end.

Last edited:
I'd never have introduced it in the first place.
Agreed best part of football debating with our kids and dad on the way home. Lost all of this for...? Just makes fans angrier. Wheres the win for match going fans?

I thought we were cagey in the 1st half but played really well in the 2nd half. There were times where Foden, Mahrez and Haaland were on the shoulder of the last defender waiting for a pass and we decided to slow down. For me we are not creating enough chances.

We got sloppy after we scored. Seems like concentration and intensity. That mad 5mins was like what happened vs Madrid -

We need a leader like Dinho in the dressing room to stir the players up. We have more than enough time to recover and go on a run but Pep needs a reaction. I remember Pep saying once he can't get anything from the group he will consider leaving. Hope we dont end up at that stage.

Positive was Cancelo & Walker played well for the majority of the game.

All about opinions, I don’t agree with yours which is my prerogative, I think our football is on the whole as boring as fuck.
Agreed Rammy i don't think Pep gives same freedoms to all players.
Naturally . I get the feeling KDB can lose it...Mahrez can try and keep the ball. The rest ...move the ball on.. ..i think it was Busby who saidd ball should be like acswiss watch ...always moving.

I see that lots of people have magically found their zebra pants and shirts along with various other shite items of clothing. This despite said items having mysteriously disappeared from their closets for months, sorry I mean years.
If ever a fanbase deserved the title of 'absolute weapons', it's them.

All about opinions, I don’t agree with yours which is my prerogative, I think our football is on the whole as boring as fuck.

Yes, you are entitled to your opinon and to whatever preferences you have on how the game is played.

However, we weren't discussing whether the football is boring. I don't happen to think City play boring football by intent but when almost every opponet is shit scared of us and masses their ranks in their own half or final third, it significantly reduces the possibility to play exciting football.

Yes, you are entitled to your opinon and to whatever preferences you have on how the game is played.

However, we weren't discussing whether the football is boring. I don't happen to think City play boring football by intent but when almost every opponet is shit scared of us and masses their ranks in their own half or final third, it significantly reduces the possibility to play exciting football.
the correct answer

Reactions: OB1
Conceding is part of the game. I've few complaints with our defending & believe credit is due to ManUre for being so well organised & causing us grief on the counter.

Normally Pep likes us to have a go & splatter the Rags instead of treating games between us as title defining encounters. This match was very different to Pep's usual approach to them. As well as it being a derby match, the points were equally important to both teams & this showed in the controlled approaches.

If this goal didn't prove to be match defining, we'd probably be a bit pissed & mention it, but that'd be it. Ultimately they scored more than us & that was our undoing. It's that simple. Our lack of away goals is concerning, as is the our recent inability to raise our performance levels to beyond that of dogged opposition as used to do.

I just get an uneasy sense something's not quite right with our squad at the moment. If we'd have done our job as we know we can, we'd have taken care of, & covered the possibility of a shit refereeing decision being crucial to the outcome.

We didn't & a refereeing anomaly bit us on the arse. If our performance was top notch & that goal cost us, I'd be livid, but my mind is more focused on our performance level & inability to raise our game when desperately needed.

Our defending was poor on their second goal. In no small part due to the player's head's being messed up by the first goal but the player's should have dealt with the situation differently.

Something may be off with the squad and I don't know what. I do think that after delivering so many points in the previous five seasons, having to potentially deliver another 90 point season is just a draining prospect when you keep facing parked bus after parked bus. We may need a squad refresh more for the purposes of refresh than to fix technical issues.

The football is boring as our players passed up several, I think someone said MOTD highlighted 6, opportunities to play Erling in behind their defence, which was my original point. The fact we chose to retain possession fits with why I think our football is boring. Not too difficult.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.