United (A) | Post Match Thread

Yes, but they look for 'clear and obvious error' mate - not to offer opinion
There was a clear and obvious error, the Lino flagged offside because ragford interfered with the passage of play whilst being 33,000 miles offside.. non bent Ref goes to the monitor to overrule the Lino, if he’s not happy with the reason for the flag, then agrees he’s right…
This decision was 100% bent…!

As the dust is settling I think we need to give the team a break. They have been at 100% for years inc pep. They are physically & mentally exhausted.

Mistakes are being made
Energy is down
Few new players needed.

Top 4 finish
Good Champs league run
Fa cup

All I ask for this season.
I'd love to get our hands on the fa cup again.

Gutted! But we only had ONE attempt on target in a high profile clash & therein lies the foundation of yesterday's gut-wrenching defeat.

As for "THAT GOAL", no one disagreed that Rashford was offside, but it was interpreted by the ref, his assistant & VAR that he "wasn't interfering with play, nor did he touch the ball, so the goal stood".

The same scenario with & without Rashford? I'll leave this right here. Make up your own minds...

View attachment 66063
This is the clearest proof ever, I’m still so angry and disgusted we have been cheated so effectively

483FD589-6BEA-4F24-8799-0C4891F81403.jpeg

In total control of the game until the referee gives the Rags a goal , the second goal was amateur hour defending , not the first and certainly not the last time a red 'istree club gets a decision to turn a game around , we know football hierarchy and media do not want us around winning trophies , they want the cash cow football clubs to be succesful.
Having stated the above , we were still well below our standards yet again , the fact the Rags scraped a lucky win and the media will be blowing smoke up their arses , will only add to their utter disappointment when it all comes crashing down.
We are made of sterner stuff , but it could be this season we put all our resources into the Champs league its what our owners and Pep really desire , in the meantime Pep needs to weed out the players who are obviously not responding to him and his management methods , expect a squad overhaul for 23/24 season

He is running in line with akanji towards the ball, obstructing his view and actually meaning he would need to go round. Look at the space between the ball and bruno, if rashford is not there the ball is dealt with by either keeper or defender comfortably. There is no way to sugarcoat this one, if
VAR look for 'clear and obvious error' - they do not attempt to make decisions for the Ref' - this decision is based on Atwell's 'opinion' (subjectively) - it's not a right or wrong thing - purely opinion - if he had decided it was off, that would have stood too - he's the Ref.
I seem to remember a clear and obvious error against Tottenham a few years ago after the ref had subjectively given a goal.

Couldn't tell from our end how close they were but linesman flagged immediately both times,suppose it saves var wasting any time to add to the 1 minute we got.
Yeah, funny how Phil being potentially fractionally offside needs to be flagged immediately, but Rashford being 10 yards offside needs to be allowed to play on to see “if” he interferes with play.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.