United (A) | Post Match Thread

I haven't spoken to a single person who isn't a united fan that hasn't said 'wtf was that decision'. Even the united fans are sheepishly laughing at the decision apart from a couple who have their heads so far up their arses they just refuse to even look at it and just say 'he didn't interfere..... know the rules'.

yeah, i have, as i say perhaps 2 or 3 in ten. Perhaps i wasnt very clear - they are not all happily in favour and support the goal standing, more that they can see why it was given and so on. Slight difference perhaps. We have a very large football squad, most dont like top 6 prem, so couldnt care less about City/United dynamics. Personally i thought it was a very poor decision. Very.

One of the worst refereeing decisions I've ever witnessed (and I've seen a few). An engineering of the rule by Atwell to appease his OT paymasters. Appalled (but not surprised) at how the linesman buckled under the torrent of abuse from Fernandez. Honestly, as a defender how can you now defend using the offside trap not knowing what the officials interpretation of the rule actually is. Akanji was spot on in his assessment. There has to be a full review of this as it could be a watershed moment (but I doubt there will be).

Close the thread and move on. They had their cheated derby win but we were never at the races anyway, so fuck them.

It’ll drive you crazy if you keep on. We play again Thursday, so focus on that and have it safe in your knowledge that come May we will be crowned champions for the third time in a row.

This game though, let it go and you’ll be all
the better for it, mentally.

I'm still fuming, but hope Pep and the boys use it as fuel to win our next home two home games. Do or die time, we owe the league a reaction and response. Don't mind losing the league but want to see some fight from the players and the crowd.

Two United flags taped up in the canteen at work. Bless their little cotton socks, they all emerge from under their rocks after winning against a team that, apparently, aren't even their biggest rivals these days.

Two United flags taped up in the canteen at work. Bless their little cotton socks, they all emerge from under their rocks after winning against a team that, apparently, aren't even their biggest rivals these days.
Their best season in a decade and on a run of form they have only been able to dream of in recent years and they're a point behind us at our poorest with their old Sky Sports Retro rivals way out in front of both. It'd be sad if it wasn't so funny how far they've fallen.

I've had long debate on the referees' chat page about the "letter of the law" - and can see the argument about "action", "attempting to play the ball" and that these have to "impact" on opponents, and that whatever Rashford did, it didn't offend under the precise wording of the law. But then I found this, and it obviously applies to this case. Even if the illustrations are in the penalty area, they cover when a "goalkeeper needs to delay his action to wait and see if the attacking player in an offside position touches/plays the ball" (and the illustrations for not attempting to play the ball don't include doing bloody stepovers).

https://thirdblindmouse.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/ifab-law-11-illustrations.pdf

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.