United (A) - Sat 14th Jan, 12:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know whether I would use this system tomorrow, but I would like to see it tried out.

Ederson

Rico Walker Stones Ake Gomez

Rodri

Foden Alvarez Bernardo

Haaland

Obviously you could swap different players, like KDB, Mahrez or Gundo into the attacking midfield 3, or Laporte, Akanji or Dias into the back 3. I know Gomez is poor defensively but he has a great cross on him. I like Ake and Stones but I'm fed up with them being in advanced positions and being unable to create anything. I think the current system we play the opposition nearly appear to let them have the ball in advanced areas as they know nothing will come of it. Also the inverted wingers nearly always play safe. This formation has a lot of energy in behind Haaland and hopefully better service with the two wing backs. Probably not for tomorrow mind. C'mon City let's smash them!
Get to fuck, Gomez is an absolute liability!!!

Look I will be honest, I was never good at football back when I was at school (I was half-decent at rugby) so what do I know? But we had a fast player called Brian B. and when we played a team better than us the manager/teacher just told Brian to stick to their best midfield player and never let them get on the ball and it often worked. In my opinion I think their best player currently is Casemiro. Whatever happened to man-marking? I would play Kalvin Phillips for 30 mins to just stick to and disrupt Casemiro. He is several years younger, so should be able to do that. Then because of this 5 sub rule, swap him for someone else to do likewise for another 30 mins and finally a third person for the last half-an-hour. But I bet after 60mins of that, Casemiro would be subbed-off and we would be 5-0 up anyway.

Well that's my opinion.
If you think we need to man mark Casemiro then i think you're better off watching rugby mate; )

Get to fuck, Gomez is an absolute liability!!!

I did say he is poor defensively but is far better option down our left hand side than most, Foden and Grealish don't play it particularly well. This system allows Gomez to have cover. In my lineup it was Ake. Look, I can't really see Pep doing it, but I would like to see something like this as it would appear a few teams have worked out how to stifle us.

Having seen the quotes about Pep having a chat with the players and telling them a few home truths I feel good about the rest of the season.

No more tired excuses,no more World Cup excuses and no more mental fatigue.

He nailed it when he said” I am the only person who can tell them the truth” and “ if they only want to play 1 game per week go join another club”. Pep deserves a stand named after him or a statue for each season he has been with us! We were down after saints but now we get back up again and get stuck in.

Come on blues, stand behind them all. We go again. I expect a big performance from a few who owe pep never mind anything else.

Last edited:
Having seen the quotes about Pep having a chat with the players and telling them a few home truths I feel good about the rest of the season.

No more tired excuses,no more World Cup excuses and no more mental fatigue.

He nailed it when he said” I am the only person who can tell them the truth” and “ if they only want to play 1 game per week go join another club”. Pep deserves a staduim or a statue for each season he has been with us! We were down after saints but now we get back up again and get stuck in.

Come on blues, stand behind them all. We go again. I expect a big performance from a few who owe pep never mind anything else.
Pep is light years ahead of everyone

I hate derby day, hate it even more that according to the press these lot 'have no fear' etc fucking etc.

Fucking smash this lot City, no pissing about. Big display needed to put this shower back in their box.

Look I will be honest, I was never good at football back when I was at school (I was half-decent at rugby) so what do I know? But we had a fast player called Brian B. and when we played a team better than us the manager/teacher just told Brian to stick to their best midfield player and never let them get on the ball and it often worked. In my opinion I think their best player currently is Casemiro. Whatever happened to man-marking? I would play Kalvin Phillips for 30 mins to just stick to and disrupt Casemiro. He is several years younger, so should be able to do that. Then because of this 5 sub rule, swap him for someone else to do likewise for another 30 mins and finally a third person for the last half-an-hour. But I bet after 60mins of that, Casemiro would be subbed-off and we would be 5-0 up anyway.

Well that's my opinion.
No wonder you were good at rugby. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.