United away - pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know which fans' intelligence is insulted more by some of this shite we are reading.

I mean, we know it's fucking bollocks, so presumably it's aimed at Utd fans, which suggests their own people think they are a bunch of fucking morons. As if anyone (other than the absolute stupidest of people) really believes this shite.

That's what annoys me about it, the fact that it's so inane. Ibrahimovic parcelling up in front of the camera, which just happened to be there. Some fucking Swedish bloke, who didn't even want to sign for Utd in the first place, trying to be the life & soul of derby day, before he retires.

Oh what a great idea, that will get everybody going...just like when FC Fishfingerens had their epic struggles with Gudshitsvagen back in the day...

What a bunch of utter tits they are.
I think about gary neville and the way he has approached punditry and a few things strike me. Regardless of whether you agree with what he says or not, it is difficult to accuse him of bias which considering his history is remarkable and the respect he seems to have from the majority of fans and journalists is a reflection of that IMO. So why don't tossers like schmeichel who only seem to be interested in pandering to one set of fans look at that and think "I'll have a bit of that, respect which will lead to work and I will be able to say things I believe rather than just talk bollocks". But the thing that strikes me most is that it stands out so much when a pundit isn't hugely biased and attempts to be reasoned. Fuck me, how can that not be the norm?

Hope we perform well on Saturday but the height issue Vs them and other teams with big players could cost us goals this season, no one seems to be mentioning it.
I know Barca were a small team but the Prem is far more physical and I feel this is an area that has been inadvertently overlooked. We need some height in the team, I hope it doesn't cost us.

I love the way we take it in turns to 'press' with the defence stood back like statues, then immediately whack it long when we get it, as nobody is looking for a pass. Hate the way we've knelt down to so many european teams, particularly since being in the Champs Lg.

Good stuff from Bayern but ffs...

Tbh, impressive as it is, I actually think Pep would be telling them off for that. It's possession for the sake of it rather than incisive, which he doesn't like.
Pep loved that game.

Hope we perform well on Saturday but the height issue Vs them and other teams with big players could cost us goals this season, no one seems to be mentioning it.
I know Barca were a small team but the Prem is far more physical and I feel this is an area that has been inadvertently overlooked. We need some height in the team, I hope it doesn't cost us.

If our back 4 is Sagna, Kompany, Stones and Kolarov, I think we'll be absolutely fine. They are all superb in the air. If any of them get isolated one on one in the air during open play, you'd expect them to compete with anyone. We play a zonal marking system at set pieces so again, if we execute it properly, having a lot of small players shouldn't be too much of a hinderance.

Pep is apparently obsessive about preparing for defending set pieces and has one of the best records in Europe for not conceding set piece goals, so I think we're going to be ok.

If our back 4 is Sagna, Kompany, Stones and Kolarov, I think we'll be absolutely fine. They are all superb in the air. If any of them get isolated one on one in the air during open play, you'd expect them to compete with anyone. We play a zonal marking system at set pieces so again, if we execute it properly, having a lot of small players shouldn't be too much of a hinderance.

Pep is apparently obsessive about preparing for defending set pieces and has one of the best records in Europe for not conceding set piece goals, so I think we're going to be ok.

True but I don't think VK will start on Saturday

True but I don't think VK will start on Saturday

Yeh unfortunately I agree, it's probably come a week or two early for him. The thing is, it's as a two sided coin for me. If Ibrahimovic starts, we'll just push up to the half way line and he won't get any chances to head in our box. If Rashford starts and we drop deep because we're frightened of his pace, any of our centre backs are more than equipped to deal with him in the air.

If he starts them both we could be in trouble, but this is Mourinho, there's more chance of him being gracious in defeat than starting two up front ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.