United away - pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ray Wilkins thought Stones would be ok with Kompany along side of him but thought he would struggle with Big Nose if MDM was playing along side him.
Pathetic, let's get an expert on the radio....yeh what expertise

Last edited by a moderator:
Will be surprised if Gundo starts, esp after being out for so long. Think he may get 30-odd minutes in the 2nd half? But if Pep thinks he is ready, then so be it. It will be exciting to see Gundo & Sane play for the 1st time.

Looking forward to Pep doing his thing. Bigger the game, greater the risk Pep takes. It will be some sight to see 7 offensive-minded players starting, if it happens. United will be at a disadvantage if they play Ibra. Pep will hv city playing at such an intensity, it will be too much for Ibra to get a grip, atleast that has always been his game's weakness. He was always playing catch-up to his Barca teammates when he was in Barcelona. And at that time, he was 6 years younger!

The West Ham game was a very good sample of what to expect from United. Combination of tall-physical players always looking for balls over-the-top to their mobile forward (a la Rashford) and fast wide players attacking the space and crossing. MU will use midfield only to destory the play, no play-making. Again, not suited for Pogba. But MU wont start with 5 at the back like West Ham did. But they will hv to adjust to our offensive fire-power. Mou will think neutralising Silva will affect most of our creativity. But I expect Kola, Dinho to compensate with more balls breaking the lines. With Gundo in the starting line-up though, Mou will need one more midfield, forward worker to neutralise Gundo.

I still believe Pep's game has evolved over the years, compared to Mou's stale tactics, that MU scoring will be more a result of our defensive lapse or luck, while we will be constantly attacking them. A game we will dominate, win or lose. Old Trafford audience will be witness to an Elite modern coach and a glorified Tony Pulis playing the United way. With world audience watching, not many better stages to play the elite way!

I think there's a good chance that Sane will start and we'll move Sterling inside or put Silva or De Bruyne in a deep-lying forward role. Is Kelechi ready to start as centre-forward in an Old Trafford Derby? It's a huge responsibility.

I think I would play Sane right, Nolito left and play without a centre-forward but give De Bruyne the freedom to get forward. We need to control possession in this game. If we play as we have been doing, then Fernandinho is going to be under massive pressure to hold Pogba and Fellaini. We need to be careful to ensure we can physically compete with Utd in midfield.

I can't see Pep playing Bravo, Gundogan and Sane from the start. I expect all 3 to be on the bench.

I think there's a good chance that Sane will start and we'll move Sterling inside or put Silva or De Bruyne in a deep-lying forward role. Is Kelechi ready to start as centre-forward in an Old Trafford Derby? It's a huge responsibility.

I think I would play Sane right, Nolito left and play without a centre-forward but give De Bruyne the freedom to get forward. We need to control possession in this game. If we play as we have been doing, then Fernandinho is going to be under massive pressure to hold Pogba and Fellaini. We need to be careful to ensure we can physically compete with Utd in midfield.
So you wouldn't play Sterling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.