United away - pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's how I read it. I can't see Nacho starting myself though I'd be surprised if Sane goes straight in. Same as Gundogan but for different reasons. I do see Bravo starting.
Like you have said in the thread though, second guessing Pep is a fools game. I'm going to just sit back and wait to be pleasantly surprised by whatever he comes up with.

Sane is more comfortable moving out wide than Kelechi, I think. So that could be the reason he might use him.

If both Sane & Gundogan were to play then another has to go, so that's an interesting one. No way has Mourinho got a fucking clue who plays, that's for sure.

Looking from his point of view, he can't try to 2nd guess Pep, so he has to set up solid & play to their own plan. That must surely involve aerial stuff, & set pieces, including direct free kicks, as they have several takers. And probably fouling/working on Clattenburg.

This game may determine Pep's future planning. If we can deal with them aerially, then we can deal with most in the league. If we get turned over, then everyone is going to try it.

Obviously, the best way is to not let them have the ball, but if we don't score several goals, then we all know that a team with complete aerial supremecy has got from minute one to minute 97 to just get one ball which lands in the right place, a puncher's chance for a knockout blow, either straight in, or a flick on. It was largely the aerial stuff which did for us when Manuel got turned over there.

If we can find a way to win without succumbing to that, then Pep is really in business. But if we can't, he may have to think about the physical attributes of future signings, rather than just ability & the same for the academy kids involved.

dan who runs the mcfcjustsayin facebook page says he`s been told that bravo, gundogan and sane will all start! not sure of the formation as he reckons sane will play in front of nacho?!?
So Pep has picked his team and rung the guy up for him to leak the team??

I don't see Bravo not starting, gundogan n Sane are different prospects though, big risk involve with starting either or both of those but this is why we have the best manager in the world to make these decisions.

Personally i'd like to see Gundogan come in for Aguero, more for tactical reasons than anything, would give us a bit more control in midfield and push KDB further forward. Would have no issue with Kelechi coming in though he's shown himself capable and if he''s not ready for a game like this he wouldn't be our second striker.

So Pep has picked his team and rung the guy up for him to leak the team??
I'm not saying the guy is telling the truth but Pep does usually train with his starting 11 for a couple of days for shape.

So anyone watching training could leak it. Would be annoying if they have.

I'm not saying the guy is telling the truth but Pep does usually train with his starting 11 for a couple of days for shape.

So anyone watching training could leak it. Would be annoying if they have.
Not annoying, bloody stupid. Always irritated me when MP would tell the press who was injured and out for a match. Why reveal your hand so early and let other teams plan accordingly.

I hope Bravo does start, simply because WC doesn't inspire me with confidence. He always seems to be one misplaced pass from disaster.
Bravo though has come from a totally dominant team and won't be used to being put under so much pressure with the ball .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.