United away - pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing that bothers me about them is size. Football wise we are better in every dept but you just know Mourinho is going to keep it tight and try to use their height advantage. Anyone reckon Yaya could make an appearance?

Jose Mourinho wants United to bully City in the air this weekend, by inviting fouls for free kicks and delivering good crosses. [Telegraph]
As we thought,hope we have been working on stopping crosses
There will be a lot of "inviting fouls" and the bad news is that they have the right ref. Not sure why this man has been allowed ref this game the first time we have had him I think since his disgraceful performance in the Spurs match. I just can't get my head around how this guy is considered the best ref in Europe. Anyway you can rest assured that we will try to cut off their supply line. But my gut feeling is that this match will be decided by how much trouble we can cause them at the back and missing Kun will certainly make our task more difficult.

U.N.I.T.E.D
Wanted Pep but got Jose
With a knick knack paddy whack watch him park the bus
With Sky Sports can both Fuck off!

Big one for us is if Otamendi plays he doesn't dive in as we all know how easy Twattenburg will give them free kicks

For me we need to play to our own strengths which are confusing the fuck out of them with intricate passing

We need to be disciplined though as they will as per usual claim for everything

We really could do with Kompany to steady the troops

Although that said, Sane has been training for 2/3 weeks now whereas Nacho has been away with national side. Could be something in it...

His credibility with me was shot when he claimed Ter Stegen deal had been agreed and then promptly changed it to bravo.

Not annoying, bloody stupid. Always irritated me when MP would tell the press who was injured and out for a match. Why reveal your hand so early and let other teams plan accordingly.

don't think it was only MP , the press conferences always used to infom about team news for all clubs.. of course some coaches may lie ..mourinho has done it when at chelsea but only on a few occasions

Sane is more comfortable moving out wide than Kelechi, I think. So that could be the reason he might use him.

If both Sane & Gundogan were to play then another has to go, so that's an interesting one. No way has Mourinho got a fucking clue who plays, that's for sure.

Looking from his point of view, he can't try to 2nd guess Pep, so he has to set up solid & play to their own plan. That must surely involve aerial stuff, & set pieces, including direct free kicks, as they have several takers. And probably fouling/working on Clattenburg.

This game may determine Pep's future planning. If we can deal with them aerially, then we can deal with most in the league. If we get turned over, then everyone is going to try it.

Obviously, the best way is to not let them have the ball, but if we don't score several goals, then we all know that a team with complete aerial supremecy has got from minute one to minute 97 to just get one ball which lands in the right place, a puncher's chance for a knockout blow, either straight in, or a flick on. It was largely the aerial stuff which did for us when Manuel got turned over there.

If we can find a way to win without succumbing to that, then Pep is really in business. But if we can't, he may have to think about the physical attributes of future signings, rather than just ability & the same for the academy kids involved.
Kompany sorts that out, but maybe too late for tomorrow

I know one thing, looking at our first 5 games, we're extremely fit...

All this 'we need to keep it tight' or 'aerially we are vulnerable' is the obvious, isn't it?

Not for one minute do I feel pep hasn't been salivating about this fixture since they were announced. Pep is Pegs superior, tactically, no question, if the layman can see that we may struggle 'aerially' I'd hazard a guess that we might just be prepared, just a guess like......

We will dominate possession but not one review I've read so far has actually stated how positive we are with the ball, how dangerous we look...

I'm not stating we will win, this is the scum we are talking about, what I will say is if it's an even playing field of on the day, United will struggle to contain us, they may indeed grab a chance aerially, that's their main weapon (apparently), thankfully we have more in our arsenal....

Extremely confident!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.