United away - pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't understand how many people seem to think that Gundogan will start, he has been injured and not played serious football for about 5 months, there is no way he is going to start a high intensity Derby in my view. I would be surprised if he comes on to be honest though I guess it's possible.

Yep not a chance he starts I'd even be suprised if he makes it on to the bench.. He'll get 30 mins at home to Bournemouth as a sub and maybe start and play an hour at Swansea in the cup.

Am pretty fed up of the "we've won it already" attitude of a few rags I have had the misfortune to chat with this week, apparently without Aguero we won't win, I am genuinely gobsmacked that we could be regarded as a one man team this season, and that their complete arrogance has returned in full because of a player's absence. Whilst I agree he is a special player and can be the difference between a draw and a win, I'm going to have to rant on here about it for a post, as the thick-skulled berks don't want to listen.

Pep has got us playing in a way that means that individuals are not critical to the performance. See any other Pep team for confirmation of this, including Barca with Messi - an undoubtedly outstanding player but his absence would not disrupt Pep's gameplan in any game - i.e to have the majority of possession and move the ball forward. In a way all this Aguero thing could actually benefit City, especially now with Halsey's comments throwing the reputation of the match officials into question, we could see officiating by someone determined to not be seen a favouring either team, which any fan of any team playing there would take all day. Hell, we may even see a penalty to City if somebody wants to show that MCFC are not the FA's hate team.

Plus, we have two big secret weapons, and I pray they have enough match fitness to take part - Sane and Ilkay are players who could make a really difference and give Mourinho a real headache to combat - Sane is pure pace and if Shaw is struggling for fitness then they may find themselves bricking it if he is in the squad, even to bring on in the second half he could cause huge problems. And if they are continuing to prefer Valencia at right back then I can see Nolito and Sterling planning some nice interplay between them as one plays as a central forward and the other as a left forward, cutting inside and getting some shots in on goal.

As a wild card, my mate suggested Kolarov in midfield to get in front of Zlatan and then be able to play the ball to a blue shirt. It sounded like a great plan after several ales but now I'm not so sure, not least because who do you leave out then?

As for how we should line up, our full backs will be key here. They will play fast wide players and try to hit on the counter, or in to Zlatan and then a pacy run in behind as he lays it off to Mata or Rooney most likely for the set up. For that reason I can see Clichy and Sagna being preferred.

This is truly going to be a game of possession play vs physicality / countering at pace, I wouldn't be surprised if it comes down to who defends best rather than the attackers, and obviously the fear is that it will come down to a set play or free kick/penalty, as I think it is fair to say that would likely mean something in their favour and not ours. I found last year's derby a bit hard to work up for, but not this one.

Personally I'd take a draw, we all know Mourinho is a one trick pony and that Pep's vision for City is far more exciting and potentially far more long-reaching, but it could definitely go ether way by a few, depending on which team settles best early on, how lenient the ref is prepared to be, how we cope with their direct game and whether we take our chances - we'll certainly get them I am sure, just hope Nolito, Silva, Sterling and Kev have their shooting boots on - convert an expected 60-70% of the possession in to chances, good ones, and if we take them we should win. Get the first, keep them ball from them, draw some tackles and get them frustrated, pick them off.

Can't understand how many people seem to think that Gundogan will start, he has been injured and not played serious football for about 5 months, there is no way he is going to start a high intensity Derby in my view. I would be surprised if he comes on to be honest though I guess it's possible.

It's more about WANTING Gundogan to start rather than THINKING he will, i think ?

As the game gets closer i am more convinced that Nacho will get the nod, I think it's the right choice but suspect it means leaving Sane on the bench as otherwise there will be too many changes going into such a big game, I am assuming that Navas will start in goal and an concerned that Otamendi and Fernandinho will be suffering after lots of travel.

Part of me would love to see 6 in midfield and going without a recognised striker, too early for Ilky though.

As the game gets closer i am more convinced that Nacho will get the nod, I think it's the right choice but suspect it means leaving Sane on the bench as otherwise there will be too many changes going into such a big game, I am assuming that Navas will start in goal and an concerned that Otamendi and Fernandinho will be suffering after lots of travel.

Part of me would love to see 6 in midfield and going without a recognised striker, too early for Ilky though.
Dinho get go away this week,it's nico and zabba that are back really late

or a recognised Goalkeeper? Navas in goal?

It won't be a high intensity match. Peggy will take the sting out of it. Would be very surprised if the geriatricos start at 100mph. They'll try to soak up the pressure and hit us on the break. Maureen would rather draw against the top 6 rather than go toe to toe.

It won't be a high intensity match. Peggy will take the sting out of it. Would be very surprised if the geriatricos start at 100mph. They'll try to soak up the pressure and hit us on the break. Maureen would rather draw against the top 6 rather than go toe to toe.
It's a derby wild challenges will be flying in all over the place and there will be very little time on the ball even if they don't commit much forward. There is no way Gundogan will me match sharp, I would be amazed if he played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.