United away - pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm quietly confident, that if our defence doesn't implode we will come away with a win.
I know form can go out of the window in a derby, but I think Pep has got the whole team believing in his system so much, that they will not stray from it, will remain focussed and leave Utd floundering.
But I imagine Maureen will get his book of dark arts out, eye guoging ,elbows and theatrics in the box

That's one thing we need to keep in mind, they are going to use every trick from Mourihnos book of "dark arts". But I think the biggest factor is missing Aguero, he always shows up in big games like this one and I am pretty sure the rags are relieved he is not playing.Rags should expect to win this derby but I don't think they will. For me 2-1 to City

Last edited:
With respect, your anxiety and slight pessimistic approach to it makes them what they arent.
The media, their fans, and now seemingly our own; have them down as something special again.
A real force, and side that we should be borderline scared to face in their own back yard, the united of old.

Not for me. I think its been shoved down our throats so much that they're the real deal and they will over-power and out run every side in the league under JM so much that everyone has started to believe it.
This is an improved united side, no doubt. But they have zero style, and a manager a single decision, goal & in turn defeat away from collapsing within his own ego once again. Less than a year ago he was on his knees and an inch away from being written off for good. He and united have found solace in each others own despair and hope each other will bring them back to dominance, but for me.. we are in prime position to finish him and them off for good. Dont fear these, face them head on, its something nobody has done against mourinho enough & why he always succeeds.
Danny. Will you please post more!

Yeah, it's a definite concern. I'm hoping we start with either Kompany or Otamendi at centre half ahead of Kolarov, just for their aerial presence.

Don't you think we might need Kolorov's physical presence in there, somewhere, to stand up for Silva & Sterling, when the likes of Foulaini & Blind start 'dishing the dirt' though Ric?

Can we afford to have Otta continually "diving in" feet first, at the swamp,?.... Particularly with Clattenbent refereeing.

Kolorov has his faults, it's true, but I've always thought of him as being a bit more "steetwise" in terms of knowing the tricks of the trade, when it comes to a purely physical battle, than Nico

Bold claims? He was asked a question and answered it. What did you expect him to say? He's hardly said, "we're gonna demolish the gobshites and this time it'll be 10" as he?

I wish he had said that!

felt nervous since weekend, will feel sick from Saturday morning till I enter the swamp, then i''l be nervous for 10 mins, then i'll be calm as we control the game, then i'll be nervous when we go 1 up... then i'll be calm having a half time pint, then I'll be nervous when they have a spell, then i'll be calm when its 2-0, then i'll relax when its 3-0, then ill be pissed. Come on City

Don't you think we might need Kolorov's physical presence in there, somewhere, to stand up for Silva & Sterling, when the likes of Foulaini & Blind start 'dishing the dirt' though Ric?

Can we afford to have Otta continually "diving in" feet first, at the swamp,?.... Particularly with Clattenbent refereeing.

Kolorov has his faults, it's true, but I've always thought of him as being a bit more "steetwise" in terms of knowing the tricks of the trade, when it comes to a purely physical battle, than Nico

There's also an argument for playing Kolarov over Clichy, to give us that extra physical presence but his lack of pace would be a concern. Suspect Guardiola will start with Stones & Kolarov at centre half anyway, with Kompany only just back from injury and Otamendi returning late from international duty.

There's also an argument for playing Kolarov over Clichy, to give us that extra physical presence but his lack of pace would be a concern. Suspect Guardiola will start with Stones & Kolarov at centre half anyway, with Kompany only just back from injury and Otamendi returning late from international duty.
Yes, I think he'll go with that CB pairing too. Don't know why But I've a strong hunch that Nolito will play more centrally & Sane will start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.