United Fans that call us 'Citeh'

sjk2008 said:
Serious question here....

Do you believe there are more 'local' City fans that United fans? When I say local, I mean in the whole Manchester area (yes I know United play at Old TRAFFORD) lol.

There's no doubt they have more Armchair 'fans' and certainly more 'Cockney' fans but I was just wondering on whether when some of you say you have more local fans, do you mean as a ratio of local to nationwide or that you genuinely believe you have more local fans?

a much much larger portion of our fan base is local compared to theirs. i think i read somewhere a few years ago when we were shit that they did a survey in manc city centre asking the locals.

it turned out they had more "fans" but we had a lot more who went and a lot more who had season tickets out of the ones who were asked.

the town i live in is closer to stockport, there's about 3x the amount of rags here but there's so many more blues than rags that actually go.

the difference is you could stop a woman in the street and ask who she "supports" and she'll say utd but she probably couldn't name half the team. there's so many slags round my way who wear rag shirts but don't even like football.

There's no doubt more united 'fans' in Manchester, however the vast majority are glory supporting arm chair fans who say: they cant afford it/they can't get tickets/too big a commitment/ have no actual interest in the game, just the result at the end.

Manchestercitychorlton said:
There's no doubt more united 'fans' in Manchester, however the vast majority are glory supporting arm chair fans who say: they cant afford it/they can't get tickets/too big a commitment/ have no actual interest in the game, just the result at the end.

So true! A lot of the united fans are indeed glory supporters and whenever united lose they stop 'supporting' them, on the other hand city supporters are very loyal so in my opinion it's not about quantity, its the quality of the actual fans and from that aspect city fans are definitely better.

Because of the Mancunian angle i've always liked it,so much so,it's my registration plate........

Baffling that others believe it mocks us.

mate of mine in high school years ago asked if i was city or citeh. citeh being the more hardcore type of fan, unbelievable how they believe this mocks us.

Shirley said:
sjk2008 said:
Serious question here....

Do you believe there are more 'local' City fans that United fans? When I say local, I mean in the whole Manchester area (yes I know United play at Old TRAFFORD) lol.

There's no doubt they have more Armchair 'fans' and certainly more 'Cockney' fans but I was just wondering on whether when some of you say you have more local fans, do you mean as a ratio of local to nationwide or that you genuinely believe you have more local fans?

Semi final at wembly last season proved we do.

So true. On the way down we saw coach after coach after coach of Blues, the first Rag one was approaching Stafford. A few Rags claimed this was because we were giddy at getting to Wembley so we had left Manchester earlier, but it was exactly the same on the way back.

I also only saw one Rag coach for the Charity Shield, but when we got down there the place was literally swarming with Cockney Rags. I didn't truly realise the extent of it until that day.

When someone from London, Wales or the home counties says Citeh or Stockport - they really don't get how thick they are. Sad, glory hunting, armchair freaks.

When we beat them 6-1 there were loads on the radio calling us northern scum.
says it all really

I don't class those who watch in pubs clad in red AON shirts every time they are on as fans, most who i have ever encountered don't go and many have never been despite living less than 10 miles away.

They are followers, utter lemmings who are desperate to fit in and belong, ignorant cretins, gobshites and bullies, absolutely terrified of deviating from the so called norm, they are devoid of humour and originality and they are the epitome of the easy option, cowards who feel the need to be alongside fellow plastics when they are on the box and an unhealthy obsession with uniformity.

People mock 'day-trippers' who attend the 'swamp' but at least they actually attend unlike the 'knuckle draggers' in Greater Manchester.

philiph20 said:
I don't class those who watch in pubs clad in red AON shirts every time they are on as fans, most who i have ever encountered don't go and many have never been despite living less than 10 miles away.

They are followers, utter lemmings who are desperate to fit in and belong, ignorant cretins, gobshites and bullies, absolutely terrified of deviating from the so called norm, they are devoid of humour and originality and they are the epitome of the easy option, cowards who feel the need to be alongside fellow plastics when they are on the box and an unhealthy obsession with uniformity.

People mock 'day-trippers' who attend the 'swamp' but at least they actually attend unlike the 'knuckle draggers' in Greater Manchester.

Great post,especially your last point. I've got no problem with cockney reds who go to the games. My mates a utd ST holder and the cockney lad who sits next to him has been going since the 70's. Fair okay to him.

Its the wsnkers who've never been and live in Stretford I can't stand..I swear to god half of em (the ones my age anyway) were fucking Liverpool "fans" in the 70's and 80's.

Filth.

The term 'Citeh' was first coined by the Football365 website about 15 years ago.
The site was originally set up by a group of London-based football fans including the broadcaster and Spurs fan Danny Kelly.
It was intended as a skit on the Manc accent and they freely admitted it would be pointless doing the same for the other lot.
So it is a southern term for southern people.
Any rag who uses the term is basically admitting he supports a London team accidentally marooned in the north.
Thick twats. Always makes me smile, this one.
sjk, get yourself to Piccadilly station one Saturday when they're at home, have a cup of coffee up on the balcony overlooking the concourse and watch the Zombie hordes and tourists getting off the London/ West Country trains. It's not a myth, it'll be an eye opener for you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.