United game postponed due to bomb scare

Correct WDB although a relatively new company they have worked with Utd in the past, so this could have been a joint exercise. This adds a further question if Utd were involved in the Suite on the Wednesday training, then on the Sunday someone advises of a device held where they had done the training 3 days prior, why nobody connected the two. ?
They did apparently they phoned the security firm owner up at 4 pm to ask him if he'd lost a bomb by any chance !

Correct WDB although a relatively new company they have worked with Utd in the past, so this could have been a joint exercise. This adds a further question if Utd were involved in the Suite on the Wednesday training, then on the Sunday someone advises of a device held where they had done the training 3 days prior, why nobody connected the two. ?
Exactly.
Could have been steward training with security people not directly involved.
There's no excuse for them not knowing if that was the case.
Sheer incompetence whatever happened.

Have they apologised yet HP ?

Not that I have seen.

To answer the point someone asked earlier about Bournemouth laying on free travel for their fans to get there tonight.

They say they asked United to pay for this but they said no.

So United are aware of the consequences of admitting guilt. Indeed I read some lawyer suggesting that a class action lawsuit by thousands of fans - some of whom lost thousands to travel to watch the game they had to miss because of this - was viable and could cost millions to whoever was deemed culpable.

There are big stakes involved here. All the more odd to see that man fess up to the lot and basically invite being bankrupted.

I was involved in the multi party lawsuit once and the very first thing my solicitor said was - be careful what you say. Admit nothing as the moment you do then you have lost.

Not that I have seen.

To answer the point someone asked earlier about Bournemouth laying on free travel for their fans to get there tonight.

They say they asked United to pay for this but they said no.

So United are aware of the consequences of admitting guilt. Indeed I read some lawyer suggesting that a class action lawsuit by thousands of fans - some of whom lost thousands to travel to watch the game they had to miss because of this - was viable and could cost millions to whoever was deemed culpable.

There are big stakes involved here. All the more odd to see that man fess up to the lot and basically invite being bankrupted.
He will own a limited company that's probably worth next to nothing. He'll lose that but I doubt he'll be personally liable. I suspect United got their lawyers to scare him into taking responsibility with the proviso that they won't go after him for all his personal assets. Even if they did that and failed, he'd still have been left with a huge legal bill. He was left with little choice but to do what they wanted.

Who's being charged for paying for bomb disposal? I bet GPC has already fixed it....

He will own a limited company that's probably worth next to nothing. He'll lose that but I doubt he'll be personally liable. I suspect United got their lawyers to scare him into taking responsibility with the proviso that they won't go after him for all his personal assets. Even if they did that and failed, he'd still have been left with a huge legal bill. He was left with little choice but to do what they wanted.

After 32 years in the Met he will have a decent pension. Doubt they could touch that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.