United (H) - League Cup SF 2nd Leg Post-Match Thread

Strange, contradictory feelings coming away from the game tonight. Delighted (obviously) to have edged the two-legged tie 3-2 - though we were the far superior side in both of the two legs - and to be in another Wembley final, yet flat at having lost a home match, angry that the loss was to those Rag twats - who should not have been allowed even the hollowest of consolations - and frustrated that our forwards - not for the first time this season - have been horribly wasteful in front of goal.

I posted after the Palace 2-2 how gutted Sergio must have been to see some shitty defending cancel out his two efforts, but the boot was on the other foot last night. Don't know how the back four felt when we missed those two chances in the second half!

Who cares, we won the tie and that is all that matters.

City give away a free kick they might have scored from.......sack em all, useless ****s.
No disrespect mate, but did you spend circa £100 to watch that dross last night?

Personally, I never want to lose to that shite ever again in my life, of course it’ll never happen, however to lose to one of the worst scum teams in history twice at home in one season really gets on my goat.

Is that allowed?

Unbelievably negative and nasty towards the club, manager, and players in here yet again. If the average comment in here equates to the average match going City fan (which I doubt is true, but maybe it is) then there can’t be a more deluded and spoiled fan base in football.

Yes the season hasn’t gone as well as any of us would have expected, but we just reached a final, and are in the latter stages of the other 2 cups, second in the league, top scorers in the league, and up against a liverpool who have had a perfect storm of good performances, luck, VAR, effectiveness rather than brilliance. In any other season we would be challenging for the title, we are as unlucky to be up against them this season as they were against us last. It happens and it does NOT make us shit. The criticism, and the tone of it, in here is appalling, and seems to relate to more than 50% of the posters. Last night I was as disappointed as anyone, but FFS we weren’t shit, in the same way we were not on top of our game, but they scored from their only shot, we had 2 goals (rightly but closely) disallowed, missed countless chances, and donut boy made 4 excellent saves, it happens, but we still went through to yet another final, so how the fuck does that lead to such malevolence on here? The abuse for Pep and this team, who have given us 198 points, 2 league cups, and a cup and 2 charity shields in the last 2 years is a FUCKING DISGRACE.
I actually was at York away, but I don’t remember it with any fondness, it was a fucking horrible day (after 3 pm anyway) and was symptomatic of how bad we were as a team, and how poorly run we were as a club, when compared to now. I am 60 years old, and I am still living the dream, the great players, the great football, and the trophies. I get really disappointed (I mean really really) when we lose, but it doesn’t cause me to lash out at the manager and the players. We have a moaning cunnt who sits next to our seats, every game he just moans at literally every misplaced pass, every missed opportunity, every counter attack by the opposition, and frankly it’s fucking draining to listen to. It seems he is not a one off and exists in fucking huge numbers of posters in here, dismal beyond belief.
Absolutely nailed it there BBS.Wonderful script mate.

For me it was the other way round. I had a few, and I was in the general euphoria of getting to Wembley, yet again! Something which I shall never, ever take for granted. Now, in the cold light of this morning, I'm feeling pretty savage about losing a) to the rags, something else which I'll never, ever vtake for granted, and b) losing/drawing for about the tenth time this season in this manner: dominating possession? Check. Lots of shots off target? Check. Several on target? Check. One/two opportunities for the opposition? Check. City lose or draw? Fucking check!

I've experienced enough losses to the Swamp Donkeys to last a lifetime, and another one, that didn't affect the outcome of a trip to the vile red Wembers seats, I take in my stride. Last night was just the 'second half' of the tie, and we gave 'em a bloody good lesson overall!

No disrespect mate, but did you spend circa £100 to watch that dross last night?

Personally, I never want to lose to that shite ever again in my life, of course it’ll never happen, however to lose to one of the worst scum teams in history twice at home in one season really gets on my goat.

Is that allowed?

What spending money got to do with an opinion of the game mate? It isnt relevant at all.

Poor result? Yes we got beat 1-0.

Poor performance? No not for me and we did everything but put the ball in the net very well all night.

Again with several key players out because of injury.

I couldn't give a fuck about the loss because its a 2 legged cup tie and we got through it.

Id have been of the same opinion had i spent £100.

I care. I’m sick to fucking death of them beating us at home. I’m fucking sick of us playing matches like they don’t matter - the manager moans that the fans don’t turn up for cup games and that’s why

They play like it doesn’t matter. They are careless, vacant and generally take things for granted and play with no aggression

We got beat at home against 10 shit United players. Nowhere near good enough
That’s now 1 win for us in the last 6 Etihad derbies.

F6 A8 as well. With two games being scoreless for us in those 6.

Excellent post BBS, some really just like to rant over anything and everything sadly
They do mate. Sad beyond belief. My lads are 11 and 13, so have only ever known good times, yet they don’t moan when we lose, they just love watching great football. Disappointed when we lose, but never negative and bitter. I’ve done something right in their upbringing

I don't know what was going on last night but it should have been 3-1 again, why our players don't take a shot when it's on I don't know. We seem to have turned into Arsenal after their invincible season when they just started overplaying and missing chance after chance to kill games off. It is a worrying sign as is the fact that we have lost twice to United at home this season when they are shit.

This. fucking hell liverpool would have bangedi n every once of those chances. David Silva's was unforgivable

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.