United (H) - League Cup SF 2nd Leg Post-Match Thread

Over the two legs, in 180 minutes of football, the rags scored as many as they possibly could and, in between that, De Gea kept them in the tie. To me it looked like our game plan was to avoid conceding corners and set pieces, that realistically being the only way they could score and, for the most part we achieved that. We let ourselves down badly in front of goal last night and in all honesty should have won both matches at a canter.

Think I saw a stat the City had more attempts on goal in the first half at the swamp than the rags did over the two legs

Looks like the ref had the measure of James who went down every time he had a run, thought ref looked at him once and just gave him that head shake of embarrassing.

Villa will smell blood as our defence is comical at times.
We HAVE to be clinical and ruthless when we face them. Zero excuses excepted.
Villa will smell blood for sure, but it wont be ours, we deliver in Finals (Wigan aside) and this one wont be any different, that's not disrespecting the opposition, its just a fact.. My mate is a Villa fan and he was desperate for the rags to win last night, they know what we are capable of and I fully expect City to deliver that capability with extreme prejudice on March 1st..

Think I saw a stat the City had more attempts on goal in the first half at the swamp than the rags did over the two legs
First leg they had 43% possession, eight shots and three on target and three corners. Last night they had 39% possession and six shots with two on target and zero corners. Total over two legs was 14 shots and five on target. We had a total of 28 shots (15 in first leg) with nine on target, 12 corners and averaged 59% possession. But we scraped through apparently.

Villa will smell blood for sure, but it wont be ours, we deliver in Finals (Wigan aside) and this one wont be any different, that's not disrespecting the opposition, its just a fact.. My mate is a Villa fan and he was desperate for the rags to win last night, they know what we are capable of and I fully expect City to deliver that capability with extreme prejudice on March 1st..

We have beaten Villa 9-1 so far this season, they gave us a game in parts at Etihad but were woeful earlier this month. In the middle of a scrap at the moment so wonder if the focus will be on that rather than a final for freshness of players?

Maybe I 'm bitter and petty but they where there to be hammered and we didn't take the opportunity. They will not be shit forever!

I was last night so I understand. Performance was underwhelming.

However we won't remember it if we win the cup!

Disappointed that we didn't score at least 3 against that shower of shite but happy that we are at Wembley again.
We played some lovely football at times but we made hard work of it ..they never looked like scoring apart from free kicks as they are awful.
Sterling is going through a dodgy spell but you can't fault the lads effort.
Otta had a decent game apart from the stupid free kick he gave away
Rod looks better every game he plays.
Gundo had a good game and Bravo did nothing wrong and was very good with his passing of the ball.
Overall we dominated both legs and deservedly went through.
But I still feel gutted at losing to them rag twats..but I'm sure winning at Wembley will make me feel better.

First leg they had 43% possession, eight shots and three on target and three corners. Last night they had 39% possession and six shots with two on target and zero corners. Total over two legs was 14 shots and five on target. We had a total of 28 shots (15 in first leg) with nine on target, 12 corners and averaged 59% possession. But we scraped through apparently.

I got the feel utd were to scared to really go for it (or couldnt) because if utd committed to many forward even without our shooting boots on we would get at least one

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.