United (H) - League Cup SF 2nd Leg Post-Match Thread

just watching Iheanacho's finish on the breakaway goal at Villa in the cup a few years back

thats how Sterling should have done it

your right matey
they only had 2 chances one was the goal and the other a free header they put over the bar, am not adding the late free kick because they hit the wall

like i said if the 2nd legs was the other way round and we lost the first legs at home 1.0 and won the 2nd leg away 3.1 you get the same result but a different feeling
TBF...we'd be fucking ecstatic and this conversation wouldn't be taking place

First leg they had 43% possession, eight shots and three on target and three corners. Last night they had 39% possession and six shots with two on target and zero corners. Total over two legs was 14 shots and five on target. We had a total of 28 shots (15 in first leg) with nine on target, 12 corners and averaged 59% possession. But we scraped through apparently.
That doesn't even accurately represent it. We hammered them in both games. A fairer scoreline would have been about 8-2.

Villa will smell blood for sure, but it wont be ours, we deliver in Finals (Wigan aside) and this one wont be any different, that's not disrespecting the opposition, its just a fact.. My mate is a Villa fan and he was desperate for the rags to win last night, they know what we are capable of and I fully expect City to deliver that capability with extreme prejudice on March 1st..

so do I. We have won the two games against them 9-1 this season and other than Grealish I don’t see much of a threat. Wigan was a reminder that anything can happen but we are. 1-6 odds for a reason. Villa 8-1 to win cup and 18-1 to win the game in normal time.

so do I. We have won the two games against them 9-1 this season and other than Grealish I don’t see much of a threat. Wigan was a reminder that anything can happen but we are. 1-6 odds for a reason. Villa 8-1 to win cup and 18-1 to win the game in normal time.

this sort of thing is crazy and asking for trouble ????

its never based on the games we have played them in the last 2 games ?? one off finals are just that one off, anybody can win on the day and you have to treat the build up just like a champions league final or FA cup final ? respect the other team and do your home work and come out and play your game

This. fucking hell liverpool would have bangedi n every once of those chances. David Silva's was unforgivable

Unforgivable really???? Unexplainable, exasperating, frustrating yes, but after all he has done for this club you choose unforgivable!!!! Maybe make a banner for the next game telling him how you feel

Maybe I 'm bitter and petty but they where there to be hammered and we didn't take the opportunity. They will not be shit forever!
The management and players need to understand they are not cuddly old neighbourly Espanyol but the biggest set of c@nts in world football who need to be destroyed & humiliated every chance we get.

Pep fucking around with the lineups is really damaging our consistency as a side. its no wonder there's a different performance each week.
It has crossed my mind that Pep has been experimenting with team formations to cover all eventualities when
we face Real Madrid.
Pep is clever, think like Pep...

this sort of thing is crazy and asking for trouble ????

its never based on the games we have played them in the last 2 games ?? one off finals are just that one off, anybody can win on the day and you have to treat the build up just like a champions league final or FA cup final ? respect the other team and do your home work and come out and play your game

All of that goes without saying which is why they are professionals and pep is the best coach in the world. I went to Wembley for the Watford game last year fully expecting us to win easily and we did. I expect the same this time but accept that anyone can have a good day and an off day. I would expect us to win it 9/10 in games against them so let’s hope it’s not the one!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.