United (H) Post Match Thread

But the first goal didn’t come from a counter attack. It came from our throw in.

If Pep is accountable for anything it’s allowing the same mistake that cost us a goal against West Ham to happen again. However they still had a lot to do from there.

Ultimately it wasn’t KDB, Sterling or Pep to blame for giving away a penalty. It was all on Jesus.

We never recovered from that and against a side with 6 defensive players in the side it was always going to be hard.
I agree with you about our throw ins. I said after the West Ham game we are much too slow at taking them and have been for a long time. By the time our player is ready every blue near the throw in is marked. At any level if this keeps happening you must change, do we, no, just the same old ambling about. Also Jesus is not the player to take us to the highest level.

It's so easy to overreact to a loss, especially in a Derby game, a game where historically, even when we were really shit, our players gave a fuck about. Didn't seem that way today and we couldn't get through their defence. A lot of players were below par today.

United in parts played well and they played exactly how we were playing on our run of wins, playing high up the pitch, closing down our players and dominating midfield. We needed Ferna to steady that ship early on.

However it's Pep I find frustrating at times and today is one of those times where he's overthought his game plan and fucked it up. We'll see the same in the Qtr final of the CL if we get a big team too.

Our magnificent run has been based on Gundog playing further up front and Bernardo getting back to the form he was in 2-3 years ago, yet the game against the 2nd in the Prem, he leaves Bernardo on the bench, doesn't start Phil, who would give his heart for this club, but plays Sterling who is wank against big teams and has been no better than average for almost 2 years now and plays Kev, who has also been poor this season and even worse since coming back 3 games ago. He laso perseveres with Jesus who is just not a top line striker and we need to find a good replacement soon as Sergio is nearing the end of his magnificence.

We go behind and yet we know Pep will not make a change until the 60th minute at the earliest. We go 2 down and 1 more substitution, didn't even use the 3rd sub.

It's not just another game Pep, it's the fucking Derby and I'm sick of us losing at home to the fucking Rags.

Having a moan is cathartic.

Also, justified. That team selection was shit. Use of subs, shit. Pep is pretty shit when things don't go perfectly to plan

Hes either too stubborn to admit he got the selection and plan wrong
We're all on the floor. Pep gives us the greatest football the Prem has ever seen and breaks records, but some still have a moan because 'it's cathartic'. Thankfully, the greatest coach in the world coaches us and not some catharsis seeking fan who thinks that from his living room he knows vital details that Pep doesn't. If you are a blue, and I assume you are without being certain, support your record breaking, history making team !!

The rags werent that great it just fell well for them. Yes, in retrospect team selection might be have been wrong but, frankly I found it hard to argue with. Conceding the pen so earlier made it hard to recover our composure, but we did eventually. Dominating procession and creating half chances I feel HT came to early. Then the rags got the second early in second half I don’t believe fatty meant that shot, did you see the shock on his face? We quickly regain our composure this time and created chances but, once again let ourselves down with fluffed shots It was one of those games and this fixture seems to be like that of late. Now then, we need to show we are the great team that everyone thinks we are and put things right on Wednesday, its crucial we don’t let it slip as after great runs often come a great fall We need to turn this defeat into a positive, a kick up the arse and start another run

Rip apart Soton and Fulham, to show how to react after a derby loss.

That would put us 17 points clear on United before they pay WHU on Sunday. And I am sure Moyes will want to prove his worth at Old Trafford with his mediocre WHU going for CL pace haha.

If we fail to deliver vs Soton and Fulham then we might have a problem starting a slump just before 2 weeks of international break and payers coming back tired /injured (European national teams will play 3x times in the break) straight before the Leicester game and then CL will get serious too in April.

Very very important to show a huge reaction vs Soton imo. A big, dominant win where we are going for the win from 1st minute.

That’s nothing new though. We can look at all of our biggest losses/poor results under Pep and we will have missed sitters in those games.

What do you expect though when our front three are Jesus, Sterling and Mahrez. I’ve nothing against them and thing they’re all good players. But not of them are clinical or leaders.

I think the fact that if we were in a penalty shoot out I wouldn’t want any of those three to take a penalty sums it up.
we been missing a main striker for a while now even though we gone on 21 game winning run. Its plain to see Jesus is just energy not a natural finisher. Sterling misses loads needs to play wider for a while, get back to doing what he does best, run at defenders and put them on the back foot. Mahrez scores a wonder goal once every bluemoon. They all have good attributes but non is a natural goal scorer. Don't know what the fucks going on with Aguero. Do we have the Lampard, Gerrard problem England had with KDB and Gundo. Both seem excellent when running the show on there own. Just a thought.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.