United (H) Post Match Thread

That game for me showed that whilst he is probably a decent chap and a pretty good player, Jesus for me is not a City type nor a Pep type player.
Just my opinion but I've thought this for quite a while now and I think yesterday's game confirmed it for me.
If we had to lose someone to make way for another striker, he would be my choice. I don't think we'd miss him.

hate losing to them at anytime of the season and yesterday was a shocker ? ok we can take a loss or 2 and walk the league title. but when making a cake you have to put the icing on to make it look nice

2 things from yesterday
we made them look world beaters ?
aguero sat on the bench ?

if there is a problem between aguero and pep then pep should put it to one side for the good of the team
managers and players don't have to get on with each other. let the football side of it happen and play him

we went back to basic's of early season setup yesterday. we was so slow no movement the ball was not in or around the united box enough they had so much time to get out. we even let them press us that's how bad we was yesterday

how can that lot beat us in the premier league but in cup games we turn up and they are put in there place
ok maybe its we don't have to beat them yesterday save something in the tank for a rainy day bigger games are coming up. but please remember one thing the derby is for the fans ? it means so much to our fans having to live and work in manchester every day. the banter is a way of life ? moods and feeling are hurt city fans have to smile a little less today

not even sure he "tackled" he was pressing, martial moved to his right and jesus got his legs tangled , stupid i know when there was no danger
never underestimate the power of the typical city monster, it's always lurking below the surface and just when you think your safe up it comes and drags another victim under, i don't think it can ever be killed off

We knew a defeat would come, all about how we repsond to it now. Southampton are not pushovers and we need to dust ourselves off and get the 3 points however we can.

As for the game itself, i've noticed United's forwards change their running style when they get into the box, almost like John Cleese has been training them, and almost as if they want to initiate contact, knowing it gives the referee a decision to make. I also was unsure about the Sterling penalty incident at the time, thinking Fred could not get out of the way, but the replays I have seen show he was impeded so another head scratcher there from Stockly Park.

I think we all hoped to see Foden and Bernardo starting for their energy, and Walker for his pace to counter their threat, but whatever 11 we put out should have done better than that. The defending and compsure at the back was at times comical, i've seen Nuns spread wider than we did yesterday, and Rodri was the polar opposite of what he hasbeen for the last few months.

Bad day at the office, but lets hope that was all it was. We seem to have these brain fart perfomrances once in a while, thankfully we have the chance to show it was of little consequence.

We knew a defeat would come, all about how we repsond to it now. Southampton are not pushovers and we need to dust ourselves off and get the 3 points however we can.

As for the game itself, i've noticed United's forwards change their running style when they get into the box, almost like John Cleese has been training them, and almost as if they want to initiate contact, knowing it gives the referee a decision to make. I also was unsure about the Sterling penalty incident at the time, thinking Fred could not get out of the way, but the replays I have seen show he was impeded so another head scratcher there from Stockly Park.

I think we all hoped to see Foden and Bernardo starting for their energy, and Walker for his pace to counter their threat, but whatever 11 we put out should have done better than that. The defending and compsure at the back was at times comical, i've seen Nuns spread wider than we did yesterday, and Rodri was the polar opposite of what he hasbeen for the last few months.

Bad day at the office, but lets hope that was all it was. We seem to have these brain fart perfomrances once in a while, thankfully we have the chance to show it was of little consequence.

I agree, there's no question about it. Some teams are being coached on how to 'win' penalties. We all know who they are.

I also agree about the Sterling non penalty. It does seem strange that it was so quickly ruled out. That said, we'd have probably missed it anyway!

It was almost like a replica start to the match where Bernardo gave away a penalty.
Against United at the moment they are not coming out to attack from the start.
Hold your cool against them and don't do anything silly.
A series of errors with players trying to make up for their mistakes instead of letting players in better positions deal with them
The throw in by Cancelo is something you'd tell schoolboys off for doing.

I still can't figure out what the fuck he was doing back there. Maybe in the last couple of minutes, when you're defending a narrow lead, you can understand the forwards dropping deeper. Not that bloody deep, though. And Stones and Dias had Martial covered; he was a minimal threat at that moment.

It was annoyingly stupid and sloppy all round. Cancello taking an age to take the throw in to start. Now that's okay in the first minute if he does it properly but he waits until everyone is marked then throws it to Jesus, who's first touch is rarely good, in a way that made it even more difficult to control. He also throws it into an area that means if we do lose it we have a problem.

Next onto Jesus. Pressing like that is okay at the other end and is what he does well. He often gives away fouls doing it but again that's okay in the opposition's half as it slows down any chance they have of counter attacking. To rush back and do it in our own penalty area when Martial was well covered was stupidity of the highest order. The lad can't tackle, it was like watching a ten year old in a kid's game, all aggression and enthusiasm with no thought. He was hacking and pulling away until the inevitable happened and he chopped Martial down. So in less than two minutes we're one nil down which suited the rags perfectly. As sad as it sounds I felt we wouldn't get back in the game from the moment the penalty hit the net and so it proved. As for the second goal if Bernardo and Foden are on the pitch does Shaw make it that far unchallenged? I seriously doubt it.

Wrong team selection, poor from a lot of players, especially in key areas and as a result the rags beat us.....again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.