United (H) Post Match Thread

I laughed when i heard the Dippers had appointed a throw in coach but isn't that now 2 goals recently we have conceded from giving the ball away cheaply from our own throw in?

The Centurions got spanked by Liverpool twice and embarrassed by United at home all in the space of I think eight days. If we win the league and both domestic cups we're hardly gonna remember this come Summer. It'll sting for a while but a good win in midweek will go a long way to fixing that.

is it safe to go outside again now ?

Meaning has Pep finished telling the World what fantastic Club,with fantastic fans,and lots of history the Rags are yet ?

Maybe i am just showing my age..... i dont know.

Have never liked this shit.It has never sat right with me.

At the beginning of his management i seriously strufggled to take to him partly because of this.

I got the feeling he felt like he was doing us a big favour just by being here.

Then we started winning Titles etc,and all is forgiven.

Then yesterday it reared its ugly Head again.

Can you imagine how Bacelona fans would have reacted,had he said the same sort of shit about Madrid just after El Classico at Nou Camp after such a shit show of a performance ?

Lets smash the Saints and go on and clinch the Title.

Next Derby i am going away for the weekend for real.

No way i am putting myself through those shit shows.

Said on the Match thread the wife thinks he was a Boyhood Rag fan,losing so many derbies by not turnning up,putting in non performances.And the verbal fellating of the Rags after every Derby makes you wonder.

Lets lock him in a wardrobe next time Derby comes around and bring out somone who gets it like Bobby Manc.

Oh dear. He deals with it by correctly acknowledging that the rags are a good side. It’s true - they’re second in the league for that reason. We beat them when it really mattered & knocked them out of the cup. Pep has taken us to a different level - Mancini was good but never has any longevity.

“They are not coming out to attack from the start” did you miss the penalty they got inside the first minute or are you talking about the first 10 seconds?

They kept pressing high after the penalty as well, they kept picking up Rodri high up the pitch so it made it difficult for him to receive the ball and get his head up. Then slowly retreated backwards as the first half wore on.

I hope they are back in today and pouring over that shit show. They managed to exposed our achilles heal of quick counters, hopefully it’s better to have that happen to a team 11 points behind us in the league as a wake up rather than an important champions league knock out in the next few weeks.

I’m as disappointed as the next blue about today. But those thinking the title race is back on is having a laugh. City are perfect opponents for United. They play a low block very well and have the pace and quality to hurt on the break. The mistake Pep made was not going for the same set up as Old Trafford for the 0-0. You need to draw them out.

Unshited’s problem is all the other teams that won’t attack them. They’ll struggle to beat West Ham next week. Five wins out of ten and it’s ours. Nobody will remember this when the medals are being handed out and hopefully it’ll be a shot across the bows for Pep and the squad that there’s plenty of work on to progress in the Champions League.
They pressed us higher up the pitch than any team has this season in the first 20 minutes yesterday.

Even Gary Neville said it was the highest line he'd ever seen a Manchester United team play away from home.

Oh dear. He deals with it by correctly acknowledging that the rags are a good side. It’s true - they’re second in the league for that reason. We beat them when it really mattered & knocked them out of the cup. Pep has taken us to a different level - Mancini was good but never has any longevity.
Mancini helped build the foundations of what this club now is, and we all should never forget that.

And one last point, Mancini knew what a game against the Rags meant to the fans, I am not sure Pep gets that, however superior he is as a manager.

They pressed us higher up the pitch than any team has this season in the first 20 minutes yesterday.

Even Gary Neville said it was the highest line he'd ever seen a Manchester United team play away from home.
Still very predictable, and with the players the Rags have the only way to play against us.

We would destroy them 99 times out of 100 if they came out and played an open attacking game, our players are far better footballers.

Probably the most avoidable result we've had under Pup, a carbon copy of the home defeat to them last season. Jesus coughs up the ball far too easily facing his goal, they transition quickly forward for an early penalty. Our most plodding centre midfield selection couldn't cope vs their pace babies when the game got stretched. De Bruyne gifting it back to them and not helping anything defensively. Sterling left in the same situation with Wan-Bissaka with no variation on what's gone before. Only real difference was Zinchenko being an improvement on Angelino and we never got the consolation goal.

Can't believe we've conceded from identical throw ins twice in the space of three games, Aguero and Jesus should really be controlling it and moving it on but against a team you know are only looking to counter why even risk it. I remember we took horrendous throws for both sides of the field in space of 3 minutes when we drew with them early in the season and were lucky to get away with it, really needs to be looked at. And even then Cancelo made the same throw to Jesus a couple more times, just seems like not enough thought went in to the whole thing.

I know, that’s why I left that out because it makes it worse. We should be flexible enough to be able to drop a few balls over the top. I stand corrected. I still think United prefer to play teams where they are expected to have less of the ball. When they have to be creative and break teams down....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.