United (H) Post Match Thread

me too.. but tonight I would go as far to say he was obscenely awful. His energy levels and footballing IQ were non existent. He needs to sort it out if he wants to be a part of the rest of the season.
Worst he's ever played for us I think.

That first 2 minutes shows how sometimes in important games we lose our heads. 5 defenders around that diver yet Jesus is charging around like an headless chicken. Why is he anywhere near the penalty area. Also Sterling is constantly missing sitters, if he can't put the ball in the net from 5 yards then keep him out of them positions and further wide. Better he create them chances for someone who can put them in the net from 5 yards.
I said that at the time. Jesus should have been nowhere near our area. Martial was surrounded by defenders .. he was going nowhere. Absolutely fucking idiotic by Jesus

That penalty changed everything. It rattled us and we never really recovered our composure. After 10 minutes or so at 0-0 we would probably have settled down and started to play our normal game

If we could take our chances then perhaps your points above could have been negated, not being clinical and ruthless in front of goal along with the team selection as you mention has really cost us. Too many players had a bad game today, we lacked energy and pace in transitions which is what Phil and Bernie give us. The formation we had reminded me so much of the early part of this season.

That’s nothing new though. We can look at all of our biggest losses/poor results under Pep and we will have missed sitters in those games.

What do you expect though when our front three are Jesus, Sterling and Mahrez. I’ve nothing against them and thing they’re all good players. But not of them are clinical or leaders.

I think the fact that if we were in a penalty shoot out I wouldn’t want any of those three to take a penalty sums it up.

In my opinion, a title race is back on. Everyone is pretending to it isnt, but we just left that crack open, and that infuriates me.

If we don't win the next match, suddenly doubts starts to creep in. I think we'll still win the league. But we may have a race now :(

The pundits are pretending there isn't a race coz they don't want to jinx it. But deep down you know they are just hoping :(

simply a bad day at the office,it doesnt matter how good you are you are going to get them and they will always happen,it reflects bad because we have not been beat for weeks on end and ofcourse its man united, we play that game again tomorrow night we would win,,so we move on its in the history books now and thats beyond our controll

I am not that bothered what happens now, our manager has let the fans down.
Fuck off! Our manager has brought BY FAR the best football we have ever seen, and still likely the 3rd title in 4 years!
I'd build a statue for Pep now. Absolute City legend, and one poor result will not change that. He got nothing wrong today, the players let him down (e.g. de Bruyne)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.