United (H) - Post Match Thread

Nah, honestly, just rewatched the first half. United went toe-to-toe for the first twenty minutes, twenty five max being really generous (without actually creating any danger other than the goal). From there on in, City are just bossing it.

That's roughly how I saw it. 25 minutes or so by which point Pogbad was done and any attempt at pressing fell apart, not helped by the midfield needing to help the right back out all the time.

Then about 10 minutes of confirming it was easier and that Fred wasn't getting to the area any more, the medical issue team talk and that was sort of that.

It was bizarre to see the new 'wonderkid' Elanga, another hare to chase long balls, deployed at right midfield/wing where he barely saw the ball with space in front of him and has the non-attacking Wan-Bissaka behind him. Getting him to chase Laporte would have made more sense.

I've been making that general point about Maguire for some time now... the favouritism and leniency that united receive really is doing them no favours as far as Maguire is concerned.

If he played for any other side he'd be picking up constant yellows and reds and having the resultant bans that come with them, so the club would have no choice but to find a replacement, but thanks to all the leniency he receives we get to witness the awesomeness that is Harry Maguire playing every single week.
Liverpool gets the same. Just in recent weeks, a sending off " missed " against Leicester in the beginning of the Caraboa Cup game. Helped to a cup final and same again in the cup final, another sending off " missed " and a goal disallowed for Chelsea that looked more onside than the one Liverpool were given on Saturday against West Ham. From what I heard another sending off " missed " in the same game. The same type of decisions in Liverpools favour happened in the F.A Cup game against Cardiff to help keep them in the cup, a sending off for a Liverpool player" missed" along with a penalty for Cardiff. " History " would show a succession of these kind of decisions in favour of the " history twins ".

Pretty even first half in terms of how much threat both teams carried. We had a lot of the ball and mostly looked good, and we deserved to have the lead, but we did give up opportunities on the counter that definitely made United look dangerous.

Second half was a walkover, though. Think I've seen somewhere that United's XG for the entire half was 0.0 in total. We controlled everything, forced them into some bizarre changes, and then just waited for them to go soft. First derby double since we last won the league.
Eh?

We won the League last season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.