United (H) | Post Match Thread

My missus isn't into football (her loss) so was in the other room watching some shit.

At half time I walked in, patted her and said " City - what a fucking team"

My three year old daughter followed me in, patted her mum and said "City - what a fucking team"

(I promise you all this is true)
I've never been prouder of my daughter who, whilst not watching all 45 minutes, did celebrate every goal with me

City were breath taking in that first 45 minutes

absolutely amazed that ive just read some in here were disappointed or frustrated by today. deary fucking me. we battered them - who gives a fucking shit if they scored a couple of scrappy late goals or we didn't score ten? it was a humiliation, with two city fans scoring hat-tricks. borderline spoilt to moan about anything after that
Spot on pal.
Dissapointed is Spurs 81,Luton 83, all the years in the 80s in div1.
Alan Ball ,Qpr Pollock.Losing at york.Frank Clark,Cup exits at Halifax ,Shrewsbury.Cup final Wigan,Losing semis of the Fa cup every year thats dissapointment.
All us old uns who suffered in the 80s and 90s this is payback.I could never be dissapointed beating those scumbags be it 1 nil or 6 three.

Their first goal was a good one but I agree that we don’t close down players quickly enough when it is near our box. We do all over the pitch further up but we allow crosses to come in way too easily at times. Their second goal was so sloppy and I agree the pen was a joke of a decision

City didn't do much wrong at all on their first goal: their player threads a needle. Their second was a case of letting Fred run free.

Was a bit surpised at the game that the pen was given and having seen it a few times on TV, I'm very much inclined to the view their player fell over the ball. A generous decision by the ref.

Disappointing to concede so many and not score more but quite clear from listening to the radio on the way home that people know thier goals were consolation ones and that the scoreline flattered them in the end. We weren't not at our best but we battered them good and proper. I'm sure if Pep hadn't taken so many player off, we'd have scored more and conceded less but the substutions were sensible in the bigger picture.

It's always the way you can't expect the players to maintain that first half intensity for 90 mins. Thankfully we justified that powerful half with 4 goals.
Think the difference now could be Haaland turns a "could've been 5 or 6 " into 4 instead of just 2 if Sterling had though chances instead.

So it's 4-0 at half time. It's never 8-0 at full time.

I remember City fans singing '4-0 to the Arsenal'!
I remember wenger in the post match interview when asked about how good his team was that night, the first thing he said was something along the lines of "never mind that, i've never heard fans like that before" towards us. Special night as a blue that night. 0-0 in your second half went about for a while as well.

Not as dissapointing as the champions league final, but my biggest dissapoinment was getting beat 2 1 at home to stockport County
Mine getting relegated.

BUT ….

We beat that lot. 6-3. Scoreline flattered them. We are still miles ahead. Still.

Haaland is an absolute beast. KdB loves it. And Foden needed to step up. He did. And look at him. Grealish hungry. Pity he didn’t get himself on the scoresheet.

It was simply a joy to watch. Obviously the 2nd half was a bit different. It never took away how good we were and how poor that lot are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.