United (H) | Post Match Thread

This was the 1st derby match I have missed watching in some form or other for 37 years. At 11am on Saturday morning at 11am my brother in law took ill and due to a 5 hour waiting list for an ambulance my wife took him into hospital. He was immediatly sent to the ICU unit and investigations began. At first they thought he had either a blocked bowel or that the bowel had even died. 11pm that night we got a phone call to say it was actually something called necrotizing faciilitis, a flesh eating disease. They had operated and were about to perform a 2nd operation to check they had got it all. 3.30am we got a call to get to the hospital asap as his lungs, kidneys & heart were failing. He did rally but eventually passed away 1.15pm. Cannot believe he was so fit & healthy Friday night, when he was out seeing a band, to being dead on Sunday.
Anyway that's my excuse for missing it
No explanation necessary Richard, hope you and yours are coping as well as can be expected and that your brother was pissing himself as the goals rattled in

As I said to another poster on here, it's amazing what difference a pint makes... :-)

I still wish we'd humiliated them a bit more. I'll just have to be patient and wait until we get another 6 (at least) at the swamp!
Tbf Pep and Kev are both publicly angry today about the drop in standards in the 10/15min after HT and at the end.
Half arsing it in a blue shirt is never acceptable, no matter how far ahead you are
Especially in a derby
Still amazed how many on here were happy with 30 minutes of dossing complacency. That attitude and complacency knocked us out v Madrid
That’s why Pep does his nut

This was the 1st derby match I have missed watching in some form or other for 37 years. At 11am on Saturday morning at 11am my brother in law took ill and due to a 5 hour waiting list for an ambulance my wife took him into hospital. He was immediatly sent to the ICU unit and investigations began. At first they thought he had either a blocked bowel or that the bowel had even died. 11pm that night we got a phone call to say it was actually something called necrotizing faciilitis, a flesh eating disease. They had operated and were about to perform a 2nd operation to check they had got it all. 3.30am we got a call to get to the hospital asap as his lungs, kidneys & heart were failing. He did rally but eventually passed away 1.15pm. Cannot believe he was so fit & healthy Friday night, when he was out seeing a band, to being dead on Sunday.
Our deepest condolences, Richard.

And please pass them on to your family.

I’m sure there must be plenty of you that enjoy watching fan-footage of the goals so thought I’d post this. Couple of American’s match day vlog with genuinely unreal footage of the goals in high quality. Worth a watch just for that.

Father Dougal McGuire looking well.

We don't concede their first 2 goals with rodri on the pitch as for their pen it was very soft not.many replays or lengthy var check ref.couldnt give it any quicker , fuck em they know we battered them regardless
Yeah I said this, we were missing Rodri, Phillips, Stones and Walker who are the three Pep would've had in that space if you have a fully fit squad and subs. So their last goal and VERY SOFT penalty wouldn't have happened typically

My condolences mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.