United (H) | Post Match Thread

This was the 1st derby match I have missed watching in some form or other for 37 years. At 11am on Saturday morning at 11am my brother in law took ill and due to a 5 hour waiting list for an ambulance my wife took him into hospital. He was immediatly sent to the ICU unit and investigations began. At first they thought he had either a blocked bowel or that the bowel had even died. 11pm that night we got a phone call to say it was actually something called necrotizing faciilitis, a flesh eating disease. They had operated and were about to perform a 2nd operation to check they had got it all. 3.30am we got a call to get to the hospital asap as his lungs, kidneys & heart were failing. He did rally but eventually passed away 1.15pm. Cannot believe he was so fit & healthy Friday night, when he was out seeing a band, to being dead on Sunday.
Anyway that's my excuse for missing it
Condolences.

This was the 1st derby match I have missed watching in some form or other for 37 years. At 11am on Saturday morning at 11am my brother in law took ill and due to a 5 hour waiting list for an ambulance my wife took him into hospital. He was immediatly sent to the ICU unit and investigations began. At first they thought he had either a blocked bowel or that the bowel had even died. 11pm that night we got a phone call to say it was actually something called necrotizing faciilitis, a flesh eating disease. They had operated and were about to perform a 2nd operation to check they had got it all. 3.30am we got a call to get to the hospital asap as his lungs, kidneys & heart were failing. He did rally but eventually passed away 1.15pm. Cannot believe he was so fit & healthy Friday night, when he was out seeing a band, to being dead on Sunday.
Truly devastating news that .

Condolences to you and all your family. RIP A dreadfully sad thing to go through. Thoughts and prayers (if you don’t mind) are with you all.

That brutal. I've been through the completely unexpected death of someone very close to me so i have an understanding of the shock you and your family must be feeling. It's really hard to get your head round it, i'm sure it still doesn't feel real. Condolences and all the best to all those this is hurting right now.

Very sorry to hear that, Richard. RIP.

I’m sure there must be plenty of you that enjoy watching fan-footage of the goals so thought I’d post this. Couple of American’s match day vlog with genuinely unreal footage of the goals in high quality. Worth a watch just for that.

Fuck ! Imagine paying 450 quid ? For a 50 quid meal at Vermillion and THAT SEAT :O

Last edited:
Richard mate, I'm so sorry, my heart with you and everyone of your family.

I remember the semi final of the F.A cup. There was another fire drill. I'm sure the commentator said something along the lines of , they know how to clear a stadium. Best thing was, it was only 1 nil. The magnificent support they boast of needs some work.
Its similar to the Dippers support , it's a myth , but if you tell a lie often enough it becomes folklore.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.