United (H) | Post Match Thread

This was the 1st derby match I have missed watching in some form or other for 37 years. At 11am on Saturday morning at 11am my brother in law took ill and due to a 5 hour waiting list for an ambulance my wife took him into hospital. He was immediatly sent to the ICU unit and investigations began. At first they thought he had either a blocked bowel or that the bowel had even died. 11pm that night we got a phone call to say it was actually something called necrotizing faciilitis, a flesh eating disease. They had operated and were about to perform a 2nd operation to check they had got it all. 3.30am we got a call to get to the hospital asap as his lungs, kidneys & heart were failing. He did rally but eventually passed away 1.15pm. Cannot believe he was so fit & healthy Friday night, when he was out seeing a band, to being dead on Sunday.
Anyway that's my excuse for missing it
Jesus Christ, that’s awful. So sorry to hear such dreadful news.

This was the 1st derby match I have missed watching in some form or other for 37 years. At 11am on Saturday morning at 11am my brother in law took ill and due to a 5 hour waiting list for an ambulance my wife took him into hospital. He was immediatly sent to the ICU unit and investigations began. At first they thought he had either a blocked bowel or that the bowel had even died. 11pm that night we got a phone call to say it was actually something called necrotizing faciilitis, a flesh eating disease. They had operated and were about to perform a 2nd operation to check they had got it all. 3.30am we got a call to get to the hospital asap as his lungs, kidneys & heart were failing. He did rally but eventually passed away 1.15pm. Cannot believe he was so fit & healthy Friday night, when he was out seeing a band, to being dead on Sunday.
All the best to you and yours.
Perspective!

That is terrible news Richard, condolences to you and your family.

Absolutely devastated for you pal. Wish you and the family the very best.

That is so cruel. Sorry for your loss.

That's absolutely heartbreaking Richard. I feel so sad for you and your family.
All I can aay is stay strong and be there for each other.

I’m sure there must be plenty of you that enjoy watching fan-footage of the goals so thought I’d post this. Couple of American’s match day vlog with genuinely unreal footage of the goals in high quality. Worth a watch just for that.

Fair play to him, starting at Lime Street with a City shirt on! And precise commentary overlay, well done...

Same here. Love that.
That was wonderful. I love our club and how lucky we have been as supporters from the dark days of the second division to where we are now. What I especially love though is how City have maintained the modesty and connection with the supporters. From seeing videos on social media of Erling Haaland respectfully handing his kit to the kit man and giving the man of the match award to Phil Foden, Ilkay Gundogan spending time to take photos with the youngsters, to the video with Erin after her recovery, it all makes me immensely proud to be Blue.

What happens in life puts things into perspective and those mentioned here make you understand how life, and welfare, is so precious.

The game is so important in so many different ways, but those that are close to us will always be the priority.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.