United (H) | Post Match Thread

Well, what a game that was!

I have run out of superlatives for Haaland, he is quite simply the best player in the world. No one else comes anywhere near him. I've never seen a striker so complete - his positioning, pace, acceleration, agility, anticipation cool under pressure and absolutely lethal. If we keep him fit, we will win the lot this year without question. He's utterly unplayable and his stats tell you everything you need to know. It's staggering to think he's scored more than Kane, Son and Salah COMBINED. COMBINED!!

United fans should be thankful they got to see the greatest player in the world today. It's as simple as that and they need to accept it. That pass from KdB to Haaland was outrageous and I don't think the United players even registered it was a "chance" - the finish was exceptional.

It's incredible to think that Foden getting a hat-trick doesn't really get mentioned as much, but he exceptional as well and great to see him play as well as we know he can.

Grealish looked SO much better today taking his man on and he really looked up for it. This is what he needs to do as it was only a matter of time before Dalot gave away a penalty - we were unlucky with the free kick he won hitting the post. Ake and Akanji looked like they'd been playing together for years. The two "Aki's" looked excellent and I can't believe Akanji cost so little. The club deserve full credit for picking up another player who can just slot into our system.

I must admit, when I saw the line up I was a bit worried, but it shows how much I know about football after all these years! It was a masterclass and a joy to watch. For the neutrals a 6-3 with the quality we had must've been sensational to watch.

My only annoyance is that we've threatened to beat a team 10-0 over the last few years and I honestly thought today was it. They were up for a good hiding and had nothing until Pep made the changes. I completely understand why he's done it, but Copenhagen away isn't Real Madrid away is it? I wish he'd one day just indulge us and let us absolutely hammer them! Just give them a proper, hard beating that goes down in the record books for good.

As for United, they are in a real pickle. Why buy Casemiro and not play him in a game like this? He surely must know how to play in big games and not get overrun? I suspect he is another piss-taker though and just happy to eat burgers and rake the cash in. Fancy having Cash-emiro and Ronaldough on the bench for a Derby! That goal from Antony was superb, you have to give him credit for that. I just don't really see what they tried to do today - they didn't sit back that much, didn't press much or counter much. Just sitting ducks really!

Anyway, never stop enjoying these "Demolition Derbies" blues!

COME ON CITY!!!

We can’t moan at him for not making any, then criticise when he make 4 when we’ve won the game
I was pleased he gave those players a run-out. Fair dues to Pep. He kept the back 4 as it was, and left Erling on to remain our target man. What went wrong was not Pep's fault. It was the continual back passing to Eddie rather than playing forward towards Erling. It gave MU the goals they didn't deserve, and what might have become 7 or 8-1 became 6-3. But the match should be remembered for a stunning display from us that will give the rest of Europe something to think about.

a8d6f300cf2738ff41e9abc2a7a84d6b.jpg
For me. This was the most satisfying sight so far this year

not long back home via the pub, that was the most comprehensive beating I have seen City administer, even the 8-0 v Watford wasn’t that one sided. In a way I am glad we didnt better the 5-1 or 6-1, those games need to stand up as milestones. Today was just BAU and showed a gulf that at times was embarrassing. Haaland is without doubt the best player in the world, it’s almost unfair.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.