United (h) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have been hot and cold all season and I'm hoping for HOT. I'm not woried about Mangala - I think he will do well against a long ball team. Demi is more of a concern. I'd go with the Carling cup team bar the Keeper and forced changes at CB. Like others have pointed out I think it is an underated defense:

Hart
Sagna. Otamdndi. Mang. Cliche
Fern. Fern. yaya. Sterling
Silva. Auguero

Sterling and Iheanacho need to play on sunday for me. those two lads read each other so well. they both excel when on the pitch together.

Bring it on!!!

Given that Rashford is likely to start will they go 2 up front or 1-1 with him a supporting no.10.or he or Martial out wide?
If they start as they did v Watford its:
De Gea
Fosu-Mensah - Blind - Rojo -Varela
Schneiderlin - Mata - Herrera - Depay
Martial - Rashford

We know Rashford and Martial are quick so my thoughts were that Adarabioyo has played Rashford a few times and never given him a sniff as far as I can remember and would it be worthy of consideration if they go with that line up to put him in alongside Otta. If they change and put Fellaini on for Rashford we should counter it with Eli swapping with Adi. If they throw Bog Brush on as a last hurrah i'd use the same counter for Sterling or Navas.

Looking at that line up though I think they'll start Bog brush as Yaya with support could outmuscle Mata and Herrera easily.
Varela is quick but rash and gets caught forward, this Mensah fella looks big and strong but nobodys had a real go at him yet if he plays Sterling could give him a mare.
An on form Sergio tears either of those two centre halfs a new one.(Carrick as well if LVG wants to put him there)

Given they will go all out tonight to beat the Scouse I think we can beat these and beat them well.

Last edited:
Given that Rashford is likely to start will they go 2 up front or 1-1 with him a supporting no.10.or he or Martial out wide?
If they start as they did v Watford its:
De Gea
Fosu-Mensah - Blind - Rojo -Varela
Schneiderlin - Mata - Herrera - Depay
Martial - Rashford

We know Rashford and Martial are quick so my thoughts were that Adiraboyo has played Rashford a few times and never given him a sniff as far as I can remember and would it be worthy of consideration if they go with that line up to put him in alongside Otta. If they change and put Fellaini on for Rashford we should counter it with Eli swapping with Adi. If they throw Bog Brush on as a last hurrah i'd use the same counter for Sterling or Navas.

Looking at that line up though I think they'll start Bog brush as Yaya with support could outmuscle Mata and Herrera easily.
Varela is quick but rash and gets caught forward, this Mensah fella looks big and strong but nobodys had a real go at him yet if he plays Sterling could give him a mare.
An on form Sergio tears either of those two centre halfs a new one.(Carrick as well if LVG wants to put him there)

Given they will go all out tonight to beat the Scouse I think we can beat these and beat them well.
Excellent post mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.